• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF to get movie reboot

101 posts in this topic

get rid of the humor bits, and make Reed a man not a nerdy boy. Aside from that which might not change much, theyve already shot the Surfer/Galactus wad... whats left?

oh yeah! let Doom try to create real estate off the coastline for a huge windfall!

I think you scrap the whole thing and go do another origin story and revisit Galactus/Surfer only doing it correctly. The Surfer was great, but you need to put Galactus in the movie.

The FF has such a rich history -- the Watcher, the Inhumans -- etc., so much amazing material... Imagine a Hulk/Thing battle on screen?

Here's the new cast:

fantasticfour_corman_1.jpg

Who's the hot chick in the back with the lumpy orange skin ? GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. The Beehive storyline with the intro of Warlock might make a cool movie, as would the Inhumans, Black Panther,or versus the Hulk.

I didn't think that Lawrence Fishburne was the right voice for the Silver Surfer. Visually, they nailed it, though.

And let's ignore the whole "his power is derived from his board" thing.

I think you scrap the whole thing and go do another origin story and revisit Galactus/Surfer only doing it correctly. The Surfer was great, but you need to put Galactus in the movie.

The FF has such a rich history -- the Watcher, the Inhumans -- etc., so much amazing material... Imagine a Hulk/Thing battle on screen?

well, a long battle? Seems like just more Hollywood pyrotechnics toward a stalemate.... you know smashing into big buildings, hitting each other with buses... yawn.. Gotta show us something new. I felt the fight scenes in WATCHMEN were silly, but, i get it, without them, people wouldnt understand why the end isnt a big fight scene between good guy and bad guy.

The FF movies were astic and unbearable unless you were younger than 10 or a rabid fanboy. I couldn’t even get all the way through the second one. The dialogue and characterization were excruciatingly poor. Its not impossible to make a fantasy/action/sci-fi movie for grown-ups or for all ages, but that’s how it seemed with those duds.

The FF movies were astic and unbearable unless you were younger than 10 or a rabid fanboy. I couldn’t even get all the way through the second one. The dialogue and characterization were excruciatingly poor. Its not impossible to make a fantasy/action/sci-fi movie for grown-ups or for all ages, but that’s how it seemed with those duds.

I agree. I tried to watch the second one just the other day (it was on one of the HBO's). Only saw bits and pieces of it (Reed dancing, Surfer captured, Johnny becoming "4-in1"). Terrible. Made me sad.

I always thought (even before the first one was made) that the best way to do the FF would be to CGI it, ala The Incredibles. (shrug)

I think you hit it on the head. Scrap the whole thing. I think the whole thing was a disaster from the get go. The scripting for the characters was all wrong, except for the Thing. And what was with the big transformation of Ben Grimm into the thing? Him shuffling under the sheets in the hospital, and then we see him running away through a broken window. Give me a break.Jessica Alba is terrible and talks like shes fourteen years old. It was like watching a Saturday morning show geared for kids. They also had so much excellent material they could have used also before jumping into the Silver Surfer story. What about throwing the Red Ghost in there and the super apes. I think one of the problems is when you make a movie of this magnitude, you have to gear it mostly towards people who reall didnt follow the comics religiously. If you grew up reading these books and know every issue front to back, like alot of us did, the movies just sucked. Alot of people I have talked to that said they enjoyed them, never read one issue of Fantastic Four, so they really have nothing to base the quality and story on. Just my 2c and just an opinion.

DRX

I agree. I tried to watch the second one just the other day (it was on one of the HBO's). Only saw bits and pieces of it (Reed dancing, Surfer captured, Johnny becoming "4-in1"). Terrible. Made me sad.

I always thought (even before the first one was made) that the best way to do the FF would be to CGI it, ala The Incredibles. (shrug)

Whoah! What up guy? How's real life going?

It wouldn't be that difficult to fine tune what they already have....is a complete reboot really necessary ? I'm as big a FF fan as anyone...and I agree they lost something in the translation, but I still enjoyed them. I agree that Galactus was seriously under-represented. This movie should have had 15-30 additional minutes to give Galactus the respect he deserved....would have made the difference between night and day...plus it could have been heavily interspersed with CGI to keep the costs down. Galactus always represented the parasitic nature of progress...the dehumanization of technological advancement, the destruction of the environment. The movie could have and should have been so much more....but I guess you could say I'm married to the FF, for better or worse.I'll keep coming back.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

holy mess!

hey, buddy! :hi: