• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rare/exciting/cool Golden Age

172 posts in this topic

All-American 61

6.0 (deslabbed new blue label)

$2600

The gem of the batch in my opinion and a true classic cover. Deep cover colors, nice OW/W pages and outstanding eye appeal. First Solomon Grundy and a scarce book in any shape.

allamerican61copy3.jpg

:takeit: Man am I going to be broke, hope my girlfriend does not find out lol I will take the time payments as PMd about and will pay with money orders. Will talk to you later, have an exam tonight, about which ones. Will send the first payment by this friday.

Bruce

One more point of clarification, since it sometimes takes a lot of PMs to work out a deal. Whoever I reach a deal with first, be in by PM or seeing an "I'll take it" posted, is the person who gets the book.

I have to finish studying for my exam but will pm you when I get home at around 10pm est. I cant really afford it either, going to be tapped. I might actually sell a few books and this will put an end to my buying for the year. But this is one of my top 5 covers of all time, who knows when I will see another as they dont seem to come up often.

Bruce

I have to finish studying for my exam but will pm you when I get home at around 10pm est. I cant really afford it either, going to be tapped. I might actually sell a few books and this will put an end to my buying for the year. But this is one of my top 5 covers of all time, who knows when I will see another as they dont seem to come up often.

Bruce

Like I said in the original post, it's the gem of the thread. I was hoping to sell enough stuff to be able to offset the price with my commission and buy it myself, but it's just as well I can't.

Adventure Comics 46

Hard to grade, looks App. Pro. 7.0/7.5 to me.

$800

Another great Flessel cover. OW pages. Restororation includes some spine reinforcement, color touch, coupon on BC replaced, cleaned/pressed.

adventure46.jpg

:takeit:

Adventure Comics 51

App. 5.0/5.5

$450

One of my all time favorite Flessel covers. I bought an unrestored 6.0 for about three times this price, otherwise I would snag this one myself. Good cover colors. OW pages. Restoration includes: staple/spine reinforcement, tear seals, slight color touch.

adventure51.jpg

All-American 61

$2600

The gem of the batch in my opinion and a true classic cover. Deep cover colors, nice OW/W pages and outstanding eye appeal. First Solomon Grundy and a scarce book in any shape.

allamerican61copy3.jpg

:takeit: Man am I going to be broke, hope my girlfriend does not find out lol I will take the time payments as PMd about and will pay with money orders. Will talk to you later, have an exam tonight, about which ones. Will send the first payment by this friday.

Bruce

Great pick up! Sweet looking copy! Well worth burning up a whole year's comic budget for.

Adventure Comics 51

App. 5.0/5.5

$450

One of my all time favorite Flessel covers. I bought an unrestored 6.0 for about three times this price, otherwise I would snag this one myself. Good cover colors. OW pages. Restoration includes: staple/spine reinforcement, tear seals, slight color touch.

Attaboy John, nice book.

All-American 61

$2600

allamerican61copy3.jpg

Bruce

Great pick up! Sweet looking copy! Well worth burning up a whole year's comic budget for.

Thanks, but having a hard time studying now for my estate planning exam. But you wont see that nice Phantom Lady I got off of you up for sale, that cover is just so white for a book that low grade. I would collect that grade if all the books looked that nice.

Bruce

Adventure Comics 51

App. 5.0/5.5

$450

adventure51.jpg

Congrats...on both the NA books..piper....I wanted them both along with the AA 61....very sweet looking copies.

i still want to know how a guy who said he couldn't get a job out of law school and then went to get (and is currently getting) his MBA finds the scratch for all these sweet books!! or is it that you hated being a lawyer, not that you couldn't find a job? true, i suppose i could have a room full of sweet books had I not sunk every penny of my savings into my house....

i still want to know how a guy who said he couldn't get a job out of law school and then went to get (and is currently getting) his MBA finds the scratch for all these sweet books!! or is it that you hated being a lawyer, not that you couldn't find a job? true, i suppose i could have a room full of sweet books had I not sunk every penny of my savings into my house....

Lots of trading, buying, flipping and finding people willing to trust me with selling their stuff for them. It helps that I have a lot of down time with school.