• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My Foray Into GA Has Begun!

175 posts in this topic

I started being strictly a SA guy buying a few key SA books, with most of them SPiderman issues as he is my favorite Marvel Superhero. But, when I bought my first Tec book, I was hooked and sold all of my SA books to raise money for more Tec books. You might be able to relate to me as time progresses

Mac, you've inspired me!

I think I will start dabbling in victorian age comics :grin:

Good Luck in your new pursuit (thumbs u

Congratulations, Mac Man. There's something about that Detective that just makes me want to open and read it. Good luck, have fun, and be careful not to get too addicted to GA books.

Well, as many of you know, I've completed my AF 15, ASM 1-100 run and nearly finished w/ the run up to 328 (end of McFarlane era). Anyhow, I've finally decided to start poking around in the Golden Age era of comics with none other than Batman! Of course, I will be sticking to my low grade roots! :grin:

So, many thanks to Jon (PointFive) for getting me started...and hopefully more to come!

TEC 52:

tec52.jpg

tec52back.jpg

:applause: :applause:

Nice Tec! Seems like this GA thing is contagious. I just bought my first GA off EBAY and I'm now bidding in the ComicConnect auction on another.

Dammit! More competition.

Nice Tec! Seems like this GA thing is contagious. I just bought my first GA off EBAY and I'm now bidding in the ComicConnect auction on another.

What you MEAN to say is:

"No! Don't! Save yourself! You'll spend all your money!"

Encourage them to stop because you're HELPING them not thinning the herd of competitors.

What you MEAN to say is:

"No! Don't! Save yourself! You'll spend all your money!"

Encourage them to stop because you're HELPING them not thinning the herd of competitors.

I am only concerned that he is buying Detectives. I need to kill off 50-100 before anyone else gets any ideas :P

Bad news guys... my book came in today, and it DEFINITELY gave me the kind of buzz I would get from Silver Age ASMs!

:sorry: That sucks.

Maybe the next one will be a real turn-off :wishluck:

:jokealert:

Bad news guys... my book came in today, and it DEFINITELY gave me the kind of buzz I would get from Silver Age ASMs!

This is going to be an long and expensive trip... :grin:

Be sure to pack some sandwiches and sunscreen for your trip.

And if you deal with certain Golden Age dealers, don't forget the K-Y jelly too. (thumbs u

And if you deal with certain Golden Age dealers, don't forget the K-Y jelly too. (thumbs u

At least he will only need a tube of K-Y. That will be a step in the right direction from the SA and BA dealers, where a barrel is usually required..

:devil:

At least he will only need a tube of K-Y. That will be a step in the right direction from the SA and BA dealers, where a barrel is usually required..

:devil:

OUCH! You guys mean to say I haven't been getting good deals all these years? lol

I will say I've only run across one or two shucksters who try to pull some funny business in the ultra-low to reg. low grade range (for SA books anyhow). In the high grade department, however, point well taken.

Don't worry too much, I'm probably more in Mac Man's league of low to mid grade books -especially Master Comics with Raboy covers. :baiting:

I'm so sorry Mac....we tried our best to warn you....DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR....DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR............ GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I'm so sorry Mac....we tried our best to warn you....DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR....DON'T OPEN THAT DOOR............ GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Well, it's too late now. The obsession continues :insane: