• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Letter to Comic Book lovers

119 posts in this topic

Hello Forumites

Please check out my only ever posts on the selling forum if you don’t know what I'm talking about.

By now many of you know me from my scandalous reputation on the sellers forum…………clearly I have broken some sacred rules and I am willing to take my lumps, I hope you all feel I have run your gauntlet and have qualified, and am now accepted into your ranks.

I must admit to being shocked however by the lack of trust here.

I have chosen to take my self to the main forum as I had tried to close my thread and exit gracefully but even then …….it seems I’ve been a terrible guy.

Please read my words carefully and lets open this topic up to the whole community and lets see where we really are.

Mine was a speculative post at best….. as I have stated,... open with full disclosure as I see it.

Have I been rude?

Was my attitude hostile?

Have I not apologized where called to order?

I have been met with out right rudeness and hostility, cynicism, questioning even of my very existence….. birth date etc.

Even derision from veteran members.

I gave my full name and some personal back ground never trying to cover a thing.

Did I over price? …maybe,…… but I have given good reason for my actions.

Did I inevitably turn to a big auction house? ( as advised by my fellow members) …..yes, regretfully….they will slab for me and I could never afford to do this many books.

I was trying to give to the regular guy first and have always said I was open to offers and was willing to do a little horse trading if a collector saw the same intrinsic value as I did.

I even felt if only some guy came forward and was as fascinated as I, that alone could be the satisfaction I needed,...............price was secondary to me.

Instead insensitivity and even cruelty was assailed.

What does it matter when I joined and how I choose to post ….I know each of you from your post and have followed many in good day and bad, I chose to lament the early days where a certain flair was shown, an enthusiasm that spelled of joy in our books and the fun of it all. I'm thinking back To Nik (I think it was) and his collection post way back.....just incredible and so many others, what happened?

My health and  a feeling I had nothing to truly offer along with 2 finger typing handicap has stopped me from sharing , and yet I see that in fact I have everything to offer and that my views although contrary to most are very valid.

I am that guy who will never be able to afford the books I send to the big house ever again and so will be pressured out of the hobby as so many of you have alluded to in other posts, the little guy……  nay the real comic lover treasuring each hard earned acquisition at countless shows, countless mail orders,…… saving for that special buy, adding to original owner gems from a distant childhood.

I ask you all to open your hearts, think out of the box, have fun stop being so jaded and remember what your books used to mean to you.

I think I'm happy to be cashing out and for what a good cause. (new baby)

If you want what I have then you now can pay the house its commission and compeat with  corporate investors speculating on the new wonder stock……………….

And, maybe too you will feel, perhaps inevitably, the heartbreak when your time comes as you fumble through and feel the emptiness as what you thought a treasure derided .....I hope not.

I was hoping to get some help meet some friends enjoy passing my books on to people I could talk to...pity

I will be back though and I will offer fine books if that be your measure….. books not meeting the cut to auction,but fine with a need to be loved and hopefully some of you will  remember to have fun……………. remembering reading Silver Surfer for the first time and feeling…. Wow !! 

Thank you

Jeremy Richards

:popcorn:

Hello Forumites

Please check out my only ever posts on the selling forum if you don’t know what I'm talking about.

By now many of you know me from my scandalous reputation on the sellers forum…………clearly I have broken some sacred rules and I am willing to take my lumps, I hope you all feel I have run your gauntlet and have qualified, and am now accepted into your ranks.

I must admit to being shocked however by the lack of trust here.

I have chosen to take my self to the main forum as I had tried to close my thread and exit gracefully but even then …….it seems I’ve been a terrible guy.

Please read my words carefully and lets open this topic up to the whole community and lets see where we really are.

Mine was a speculative post at best….. as I have stated,... open with full disclosure as I see it.

Have I been rude?

Was my attitude hostile?

Have I not apologized where called to order?

I have been met with out right rudeness and hostility, cynicism, questioning even of my very existence….. birth date etc.

Even derision from veteran members.

I gave my full name and some personal back ground never trying to cover a thing.

Did I over price? …maybe,…… but I have given good reason for my actions.

Did I inevitably turn to a big auction house? ( as advised by my fellow members) …..yes, regretfully….they will slab for me and I could never afford to do this many books.

I was trying to give to the regular guy first and have always said I was open to offers and was willing to do a little horse trading if a collector saw the same intrinsic value as I did.

I even felt if only some guy came forward and was as fascinated as I, that alone could be the satisfaction I needed,...............price was secondary to me.

Instead insensitivity and even cruelty was assailed.

What does it matter when I joined and how I choose to post ….I know each of you from your post and have followed many in good day and bad, I chose to lament the early days where a certain flair was shown, an enthusiasm that spelled of joy in our books and the fun of it all. I'm thinking back To Nik (I think it was) and his collection post way back.....just incredible and so many others, what happened?

My health and  a feeling I had nothing to truly offer along with 2 finger typing handicap has stopped me from sharing , and yet I see that in fact I have everything to offer and that my views although contrary to most are very valid.

I am that guy who will never be able to afford the books I send to the big house ever again and so will be pressured out of the hobby as so many of you have alluded to in other posts, the little guy……  nay the real comic lover treasuring each hard earned acquisition at countless shows, countless mail orders,…… saving for that special buy, adding to original owner gems from a distant childhood.

I ask you all to open your hearts, think out of the box, have fun stop being so jaded and remember what your books used to mean to you.

I think I'm happy to be cashing out and for what a good cause. (new baby)

If you want what I have then you now can pay the house its commission and compeat with  corporate investors speculating on the new wonder stock……………….

And, maybe too you will feel, perhaps inevitably, the heartbreak when your time comes as you fumble through and feel the emptiness as what you thought a treasure derided .....I hope not.

I was hoping to get some help meet some friends enjoy passing my books on to people I could talk to...pity

I will be back though and I will offer fine books if that be your measure….. books not meeting the cut to auction,but fine with a need to be loved and hopefully some of you will  remember to have fun……………. remembering reading Silver Surfer for the first time and feeling…. Wow !! 

Thank you

Jeremy Richards

They went EASY on you, J.....those guys are piranhas.....most newbies don't even survive. I have to admit that posting the two BEST covers of the ENTIRE D.C. silver age certainly impressed me. I really do hope you return....this is the best chat room ever.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You should see the razzing I got when I first signed up....but I'm glad I stuck it out.Some of the one's who gave me the hardest time are my favorites now.Wish I could afford your MIS 90....MAN is that a nice book. I hope when selling your books you'll save a couple for old times sake....it's a lot easier to sell 'em than to get 'em.GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

You should see the razzing I got when I first signed up....

silly-kid-sticking-out-tongue.jpg

lol:kidaround:

years and years sometimes one show,one book.

If I don't finalize the deal on MIS 90 I'll offer it to you ..we can work something out its exceptional...... I looked long and hard for this one cover just wonderful art.

Any problems send it back of course

Jeremy

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the board.

The lack of trust on this board is for a very good reason. We've seen more than our share of CGC haters, banned members who repeatedly join under new names, long time members who disappear without a trace with buyers hard earned $$ and dishonest sellers or outright con artists who see us as a dedicated group of buyers fresh for the fleecing.

We don't have an Ebay like feedback system so most of us prefer to buy from sellers who have established deep roots in this on-line community. It is very logical for us to trust sellers who have earned the trust and be wary of new sellers. Selling books that came from Mr. Ewart certainly sets off our 'hmmmm' radar.

It's not personal. Please don't take it that way. I hope you hang around for a while and learn to love us. This is the best place on-line to talk, buy or sell comics.

I do see your point and belive me Ive been hanging here reading for years and ive seen some of the goings on.

thanks for your kind words

Hi Jeremy, welcome to the board.

The lack of trust on this board is for a very good reason. We've seen more than our share of CGC haters, banned members who repeatedly join under new names, long time members who disappear without a trace with buyers hard earned $$ and dishonest sellers or outright con artists who see us as a dedicated group of buyers fresh for the fleecing.

We don't have an Ebay like feedback system so most of us prefer to buy from sellers who have established deep roots in this on-line community. It is very logical for us to trust sellers who have earned the trust and be wary of new sellers. Selling books that came from Mr. Ewart certainly sets off our 'hmmmm' radar.

It's not personal. Please don't take it that way. I hope you hang around for a while and learn to love us. This is the best place on-line to talk, buy or sell comics.

Seems a new guy has to rate here or somthing like that so i thought id post some of my lovelies before they go to auction..hope you all like them. hope this works.the thrilling 79 was sold to me by Dr Kieth Contarino 1993 ish (is he still around) with some thought it could be a Mile High due to condition...any thoughts on that guys?

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/City_of_Kandor/thunda10001.jpg

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/City_of_Kandor/thunda10002-1.jpg

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/City_of_Kandor/Thrilling790001.jpg

http://i657.photobucket.com/albums/uu297/City_of_Kandor/thunda10002.jpg

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

All I have to say is actions speak volumes, and the lack of any actions is pretty loud too. Not saying you are a scammer, but can't prove you aren't yet either. Your books are way out of my price range anyways, but think you shouldn't have sold them together. Hope it all works out for you and that you find a better experiance from board postings, if that is what you are looking for.

ease your way in...you have sat on the sidelines for 3+ years, so if you are in a hurry to be "accepted" , simply put your time in and constructively contribute (thumbs u

Getting an experienced auction house to slab and sell the books is a great idea if you don't have the time, money or inclination to do it yourself.

Likewise, for anyone on the boards to buy those books raw at your listed prices from a newly registered member would be barking mad.