• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Superman #1 @ CGC Blue 1.5

64 posts in this topic

I guess that the seller considers Metro a conduit rather than a prior owner when he states that he is the 2nd owner...

My point exactly. Not that it really impacts anything as a substantive matter, but it's the little details that sometimes reveals a larger problem. It is a CGC'd book so no big deal and I am sure the seller is reputable but still.

Mark, will the revelation of this ownership debacle now prevent you from bidding?

nominee, best post of '09.

I guess that the seller considers Metro a conduit rather than a prior owner when he states that he is the 2nd owner...

My point exactly. Not that it really impacts anything as a substantive matter, but it's the little details that sometimes reveals a larger problem. It is a CGC'd book so no big deal and I am sure the seller is reputable but still.

Mark, will the revelation of this ownership debacle now prevent you from bidding?

but we are only 1/6th done with the year...let's hold off nominations till at least the All star break lol

but we are only 1/6th done with the year...let's hold off nominations till at least the All star break lol
All star break? You never called me :baiting:

:roflmao:

Perfect book IMO. I wish I had the funds!

I wonder if the sticker can be professional removed?

Between this Sup #1 or the Marvel #1 on CL, which one would you choose? Sup #1 will most likely sell well above the $20k mark.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmarvel%2Bcomics%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D17%26y%3D9%23Item%5F776575&id=776575

That would make a great "which one would you choose?" question. Tough call for me.. ummm... I'd take the Supes #1 primarily because it has better PQ than the Marvel #1 and that large piece out from the Marvel 1 bothers me

The detached cover bothers me about the Supes so I'd take the Marvel 1. (shrug) To each their own...

that supes 1 would sure restore nicely. Reattach the cover, fix the tear, remove the sticker and you've got one nice looking copy. Mind you it already looks nice so I would leave it alone, but still

We've seen some detached covers come back as 4.0s lately. That long tear would bring it down lower than that, but simply having the sticker residue removed would probably improve the grade significantly while maintaining the blue label.

We sold this book to the collector that is selling it on ebay. That is the remains of a sticker at the top. It is not a missing piece.

He indicates that he's the second owner, so does that mean you guys bought it off the stands.....very cool book....looks like a real undergraded gem.

Guess I should read the whole thread before posting :lol: great book......

We've seen some detached covers come back as 4.0s lately. That long tear would bring it down lower than that, but simply having the sticker residue removed would probably improve the grade significantly while maintaining the blue label.

I doubt it a it looks like there is color missing as well.

:roflmao:
:mad: No, you were supposed to call me earlier this week, or last I dont remember.. :baiting:

Color missing where?

Color missing where?

Isn't therea strip of color missing at the top center of the cover? Almost like a tape peel.

I don't know if you guys remember that Tec #43 CGC 5.0 15 price variant that had a sticker over the price tag? It sold on Heritage and then had the label removed but came back as a 5.5 and was relisted again. Likely was pressed if it went through the process of having the sticker removed so that could have had helped the grade but removing the sticker didn't hurt it.

No, that's what's left of a sticker on top of the cover. The color is all still there underneath.

(thumbs u

To Do List...

• Remove the sticker
  • Deacidify the cover
  • Take the book apart and see if there is any way to reattach the centerfold with the original staples
  • Press the Hell of it (Matt Nelson can take care this)
  • Being GA add only a small amount of RED color touch to the back cover
  • Finally send it off to CGC to get a Blue Universal Unrestored 6.0 Fine copy

I would much rather have a nicely restored mid grade copy than that...but that is just me

I think I'd rather have this book just as it is. In fact I'm thinking of bidding on it.

hm

R.