• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBay Superman #1 @ CGC Blue 1.5

64 posts in this topic

Placed my thrill bid already. Definitely a hard to find book in unrestored condition as most have been restored. It's unfortunate about that piece missing at the top, but it's still very presentable. Page quality is excellent and will be amajor factor in the final hammer price.

Placed my thrill bid already. Definitely a hard to find book in unrestored condition as most have been restored. It's unfortunate about that piece missing at the top, but it's still very presentable. Page quality is excellent and will be amajor factor in the final hammer price.

I thought it was missing a piece at the top too at first glance, but after looking closer, it looked more like the remnants of a sticker of some sort that was pulled off.

The seller's description confirms that it is the remnants of a sticker, and not anything missing,

"...LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE STICKER RESIDUE ON FRONT COVER NOT A TEAR OR ANYTHING MISSING..."

I thought it was missing a piece at the top too at first glance, but after looking closer, it looked more like the remnants of a sticker of some sort that was pulled off.

The seller's description confirms that it is the remnants of a sticker, and not anything missing,

"...LOOKS LIKE A LITTLE STICKER RESIDUE ON FRONT COVER NOT A TEAR OR ANYTHING MISSING..."

I guess that's what happens when I don't read the description and just go straight to the pix lol

Perfect book IMO. I wish I had the funds!

I wonder if the sticker can be professional removed?

Between this Sup #1 or the Marvel #1 on CL, which one would you choose? Sup #1 will most likely sell well above the $20k mark.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmarvel%2Bcomics%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D17%26y%3D9%23Item%5F776575&id=776575

Perfect book IMO. I wish I had the funds!

I wonder if the sticker can be professional removed?

Between this Sup #1 or the Marvel #1 on CL, which one would you choose? Sup #1 will most likely sell well above the $20k mark.

http://www.comiclink.com/auctions/item.asp?back=%2FAuctions%2Fsearch%2Easp%3Fwhere%3Dauctions%26title%3Dmarvel%2Bcomics%2B1%26ItemType%3DCB%26x%3D17%26y%3D9%23Item%5F776575&id=776575

That would make a great "which one would you choose?" question. Tough call for me.. ummm... I'd take the Supes #1 primarily because it has better PQ than the Marvel #1 and that large piece out from the Marvel 1 bothers me

We sold this book to the collector that is selling it on ebay. That is the remains of a sticker at the top. It is not a missing piece.

Steve, do you think the sticker residue could be removed?

I guess that the seller considers Metro a conduit rather than a prior owner when he states that he is the 2nd owner...

My point exactly. Not that it really impacts anything as a substantive matter, but it's the little details that sometimes reveals a larger problem. It is a CGC'd book so no big deal and I am sure the seller is reputable but still.

I guess that the seller considers Metro a conduit rather than a prior owner when he states that he is the 2nd owner...

My point exactly. Not that it really impacts anything as a substantive matter, but it's the little details that sometimes reveals a larger problem. It is a CGC'd book so no big deal and I am sure the seller is reputable but still.

Maybe the original owner consigned it through Metro?

Mark, will the revelation of this ownership debacle now prevent you from bidding?

Mark, will the revelation of this ownership debacle now prevent you from bidding?

:roflmao:

OMG.

I've made off-hand comments about being a "second owner" when I've specifically excluded the dealer involvement so I wouldn't read too much into what the person wrote.