• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First superman batman teamup

13 posts in this topic

worlds finest 71 is universally accepted as 1st true team up, I believe

hmmm.... I was wondering that myself. I read on wiki that worlds finest changed to a single story with them together in order to save money but i also read that they did it based on the success of superman #76. Thats where I got confused

3352356452_e36c92b1c9.jpg3352356842_8a7f379c41.jpg

I think the All Star 36 was published in 1947 and Superman 76 was published in 1952. Wasn't there a Team Up of those two guys on the radio show too.

bb

they appeared together in AS 36, but didn't "team up" as in just the 2 of them...

3352356452_e36c92b1c9.jpg3352356842_8a7f379c41.jpg

I think the All Star 36 was published in 1947 and Superman 76 was published in 1952. Wasn't there a Team Up of those two guys on the radio show too.

bb

They were a regular item on the Superman radio show. Remarkably, those shows are pretty lousy. However, Superman did break a lot of ground on the radio show - Daily Planet, kryptonite, team-ups, and some pretty forward-thinking social commentary on racism.

(I was sure the Supes #76 counted as their first team-up. Worlds Finest #71 began it on a regular basis in that series, was my understanding.)

having read them, WF 71 is the first time they were in a story together (thumbs u

They team up in the story in Supe 76, learn each other's identities and are listed as teaming up in the same story on the cover. I don't know that you can get any more definitive that their first duo team-up is Supe 76, not WF 71.

Too bad about the Action 1 :foryou:

having read them, WF 71 is the first time they were in a story together (thumbs u

They team up in the story in Supe 76, learn each other's identities and are listed as teaming up in the same story on the cover. I don't know that you can get any more definitive that their first duo team-up is Supe 76, not WF 71.

Too bad about the Action 1 :foryou:

yeah, I think I realized that after I figured out I had my dates reversed :)