• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spiderman 14 9.6 sells in Comicconnect for.....gulp...$53,0000

63 posts in this topic

It might have been over $53,000. Is there a Green Goblin movie coming out?

there is some absolutely stupid $ being thrown around- not that i'd ever say that spending "X" on any book is stupid.

My gut tells me not to believe what my eyes are seeing.

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

Got to agree, those prices are mighty unbelievable, particularly for the 24 and 37. So unbelievable, in fact, that..well... I don't believe them!

Consider me skeptical that those amounts of money and the books themselves will truly change hands.

I understand the skepticism. But this wasn't the only recent auction where ASMs have gone for some really big prices. ComicLink's Rocky Mountain Spideys went for huge numbers and that was before the pedigree was even recognized by CGC.

And some of the ASMs in this auction (like the 2, 6, and 7) went for very reasonable prices which makes me doubt any shenanigans were going on.

If I had to try to explain it, I'd guess that the 37 was an upgrade candidate. And the 24 and 31 are really tough books to find in 9.6, especially the 24.

But I'm still a little shocked by the prices realized.

one thing Im seeing however is that the HG Marvel keys have not been appearing for sale so often anymore. IMO that explains the 9.4 ASM#1 sale

when was the last sale 9.4 of any of Marvels top 10 books? The AF15s were already over a year ago. TOS39? years. XMen1? many years. JIM83? years. SgtFury? years? HULK1? never! FF1? never!

And this maybe explains the 9.6 ASM14, but jeez, 53K is way too much. Is 9.6 even the top grade? By this measure, I thought the 9.4 ASMs under #10 went cheaply in todays frothy market.

ASM #1 is on the rise baby!!!

So... if a 9.4 went for $100k (let me see if my math is right here...), then my 1.0 is now worth $10, 638.30!!! Give or take a penny :grin:

A 9.8 ASM33 went for 9K......GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

P.S. Cap 46 in 8.5 failed to meet reserve...as did several of the Timelys that I checked.

Jimbo: What did the Cap #46 end at? I had every intention of throwing a $10 to 12k bid on that book last night but once I saw how the Action sale went down, I no longer was interested in making a play for the book :(

Jim

TITLE:

CAPTAIN AMERICA COMICS

ISSUE:

GRADE:

CGC VF+: 8.5

PUBLISHER:

Timely

COMMENTS:

white pgs

classic Schomburg holocaust cover

Start Bid

$1

Auction

Ended

(No Winner)

End Time

10:46 PM EDT

Friday

03/13/2009

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

I look at this and, for the life of me, don't understand why people think that GA is expensive.

How do you check the site for closed sales?!?

Comiconnect sends out email reminders to registered users who elected to receive email marketing notifications. These emails contain alphabetized lists of each individual lot.Click on the link and it will link you to the status of that lot. DO NOT delete the emails....usually from 3 to 6. Each email has a segment, like A-D, F-M, ETC.....GOD BLESS...

P.S. ASM 1 8.5 went for 23K.....decent price.

:acclaim: I thought so too!!! :takeit:

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

I look at this and, for the life of me, don't understand why people think that GA is expensive.

I think the Action #1 was a bargain if you compare it to the price of some of the Spideys. One of the top 11 graded ASM #14s goes for $53,000. And one of the top 4 graded Action #1 goes for a little more than 4 times that. That's probably a wacky comparison, but it does make you think.

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

I think the Action #1 was a bargain if you compare it to the price of some of the Spideys. One of the top 11 graded ASM #14s goes for $53,000. And one of the top 4 graded Action #1 goes for a little more than 4 times that. That's probably a wacky comparison, but it does make you think.

The problem is that $53,000 is within most people's grasp. $317,000 is not.

one thing Im seeing however is that the HG Marvel keys have not been appearing for sale so often anymore. IMO that explains the 9.4 ASM#1 sale

when was the last sale 9.4 of any of Marvels top 10 books? The AF15s were already over a year ago. TOS39? years. XMen1? many years. JIM83? years. SgtFury? years? HULK1? never! FF1? never!

And this maybe explains the 9.6 ASM14, but jeez, 53K is way too much. Is 9.6 even the top grade? By this measure, I thought the 9.4 ASMs under #10 went cheaply in todays frothy market.

It was kind of offthe radar, but a CGC 9.4 copy of FF 1 sold in the June 22, 2002 Parrino Auction for $ 110 K......and it was an AWESOME copy.GOD BLESS...

scan0005-4.jpg

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

:o

And an ASM 14 in 9.6 for over 50K is beyond reason. It's grotesque.

It was kind of offthe radar, but a CGC 9.4 copy of FF 1 sold in the June 22, 2002 Parrino Auction for $ 110 K......and it was an AWESOME copy.GOD BLESS...

scan0005-4.jpg

That is a killer book. I wonder if it's the Curator copy which is supposedly floating around out there somewhere.

scan0005-4.jpg

That is a killer book. I wonder if it's the Curator copy which is supposedly floating around out there somewhere.

Dunno...but if the scan wasn't doctored to enhance color and whiteness....it's the nicest copy in the world, IMHO...no offense to any of the other copies at 9.4 and 9.6. GOD BLESS...

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

Got to agree, those prices are mighty unbelievable, particularly for the 24 and 37. So unbelievable, in fact, that..well... I don't believe them!

Consider me skeptical that those amounts of money and the books themselves will truly change hands.

I understand the skepticism. But this wasn't the only recent auction where ASMs have gone for some really big prices. ComicLink's Rocky Mountain Spideys went for huge numbers and that was before the pedigree was even recognized by CGC.

And some of the ASMs in this auction (like the 2, 6, and 7) went for very reasonable prices which makes me doubt any shenanigans were going on.

If I had to try to explain it, I'd guess that the 37 was an upgrade candidate. And the 24 and 31 are really tough books to find in 9.6, especially the 24.

....the 24 may be a case of someone getting tired of waiting for a HG copy with a good wrap. That book often has a miswrap....only nice copy I've seen with a perfect wrap was an 8.5. The 31 is probably the most under appreciated key in the whole run....at least it used to be. First Gwen and Harry :cloud9: ...Petey wouldn't have been the same without 'em....plus first day in college...a superhero first.GOD BLESS...

Also:

9.6 ASM #24 for $20,195.

9.6 ASM #31 for $8,995.

9.4 ASM #37 for $8,644.

Gulp. Gulp. Gulp.

....the 24 may be a case of someone getting tired of waiting for a HG copy with a good wrap. That book often has a miswrap....only nice copy I've seen with a perfect wrap was an 8.5. The 31 is probably the most under appreciated key in the whole run....at least it used to be. First Gwen and Harry :cloud9: ...Petey wouldn't have been the same without 'em....plus first day in college...a superhero first.GOD BLESS...

My copy has a similar miswrap. But it bothers me much less than the back cover coming around to the front. Long live the Arvel Comics Group!

ASM24.jpg