• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Tec #27 a "bigger" book than Action #1 right now?

30 posts in this topic

The Comicconnect Action #1 6.0 sale @ $317k got me thinking.......(happens about twice a year :insane:)

Would a CGC graded Fine 6.0 Unrestored C\OW Detective Comics #27 (same exact grade as the Action) potentially sell for more than this Action #1? All speculative of course, but let's here your opinions on the subject :popcorn:

Steve

The Comicconnect Action #1 6.0 sale @ $317k got me thinking.......(happens about twice a year :insane:)

Would a CGC graded Fine 6.0 Unrestored C\OW Detective Comics #27 (same exact grade as the Action) potentially sell for more than this Action #1? All speculative of course, but let's here your opinions on the subject :popcorn:

Steve

no, given that very recently a cgc 7.0 Tec 27 "only" sold for $259K, and last year, a cgc 6.0 sold in the $175K range... still not close, I would think hm

Steve

No, not even close.

Maybe a higer grade Tec 27 (8.0 or better?) would, but not grade for grade.

Steve

no, given that very recently a cgc 7.0 Tec 27 "only" sold for $259K, and last year, a cgc 6.0 sold in the $175K range... still not close, I would think hm

Oh yeah.....those 2 sales ( that I was not aware of somehow, or I would not have started this thread)..... hm

Nevermind!

Steve

Oh yeah.....those 2 sales..... hm

Nevermind!

where and when did those sales happen ?

I'm outta the loop. :cry:

the bigger question is what does this sale at 317 for a 6.0 mean to the perceived values of the "never sold" copies out there in better condition? Estimates of 600 to millions get tossed around. Does this 317 lay the foundation for those future transactions? or expose tham the fantasy?

If we enter a "New Economy" and no longer live in a "Bubble Economy", I don't think some of those huge values will hold. However, since most of the big books are traded among the wealthy, I can't be sure. People who have purchased books within the last five years, may have cause for concern as these precipitous drops can occur quite quickly. A lot of people who swore they'd hold onto their beloved funny books forever, seem to be cashing out and all the new money that usually enters a hobby may be a lot more realistic and restrained. I'm sorry if this isn't the bullish, rosy attitude that the comic crowd likes to hear, but it's one way of viewing things.

Steve

Oh yeah.....those 2 sales..... hm

Nevermind!

where and when did those sales happen ?

I'm outta the loop. :cry:

Don't worry dude, most of us are out of the six figure comic buying loop

:(

the bigger question is what does this sale at 317 for a 6.0 mean to the perceived values of the "never sold" copies out there in better condition? Estimates of 600 to millions get tossed around. Does this 317 lay the foundation for those future transactions? or expose tham the fantasy?

I've often thought that the MH Action 1 and the Allentown Tec 27 were the only books on the planet that anyone would pay a million or more for. But, I don't partake of price guessing, or really follow the high end stuff too closely.

But, I've held that belief for close to 20 years. In my mind, that is as it should be. It would make sense that there are those two books, and then everything else can battle for the record sales. It will probably be long past the time when someone will pay that kind of money before they actually come out for sale though. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Metropolis sold the CGC F/VF and Metropolis sold the CGC FN as well. And Metropolis sold a CGC VG a few weeks ago.

You work there or somethin'?

Sometimes I wish I did. I am just amazed how many Detective 27s they have had. It makes me think that it isn't that rare.

How many Detective #27 are out there in comparison to Action #1? I am beginning to think that the book is more common than people think.

Metropolis sold the CGC F/VF and Metropolis sold the CGC FN as well. And Metropolis sold a CGC VG a few weeks ago.

You work there or somethin'?

Sometimes I wish I did. I am just amazed how many Detective 27s they have had. It makes me think that it isn't that rare.

How many Detective #27 are out there in comparison to Action #1? I am beginning to think that the book is more common than people think.

I don't know about raw, but there are 38 slabbed Action #1, and 40 Detective #27.

the 7.0 might have originated with Metro (truth is, NO ONE I know of finds and brings more Action 1 and Tec 27's to market than Metro), but I believe they sold it before or when it sold for $190K and then it resold for $259K...could be wrong, but I was contacted by someone else when it was offered recently for $259K... S can chime in and correct me here, of course

and, the 6.0 I know Metro sold at least once, maybe twice (shrug)

and indeed, they just supplied the beautiful 4.0 cgc copy that was recently slabbed (thumbs u

Maybe I'm the only one, but I think the Action 1 that just sold would eventually have sold with a higher sticker price if it were kept as an "inquire" book. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see it pop up in the not too distant future with a $400K ask. I think it's hard for any book to compete with that.