• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

O’Barr has said before that he crafted The Crow after his fianceé was killed by a drunk driver when he was 18. What’s startling is O’Barr’s revelation in this new book: that she was killed just as she was headed to her car to pick up O’Barr because, of all things, he had called her for a ride since he hadn’t paid his car insurance.
:(

O’Barr has said before that he crafted The Crow after his fianceé was killed by a drunk driver when he was 18. What’s startling is O’Barr’s revelation in this new book: that she was killed just as she was headed to her car to pick up O’Barr because, of all things, he had called her for a ride since he hadn’t paid his car insurance.

I think that would haunt me for the rest of my life. Now I get it more than ever, though the unnecessary death of a loved one is never easy. If I was a catalyst for where they were when it happened, it would be overwhelming.

I think that would haunt me for the rest of my life. Now I get it more than ever, though the unnecessary death of a loved one is never easy. If I was a catalyst for where they were when it happened, it would be overwhelming.

It's changed how I'm gonna look at the property (grahic novel & movie)now, also. Utterly heartbreaking. :(

This just arrived. I've owned one before and regretted selling it. The CD was released again but two tracks were changed. This edition has the originals. 1500 produced, signed and numbered.

image_zps033c6e6c.jpg

Did I get my copy from you a few years ago?

Oh and I picked this up recently.

The Crow: Shattered Lives & Broken Dreams

Something like 550 pages...and signed by 39 creators.

The cherry on top is, this one was limited to 1500 signed and numbered copies and this was a "publisher's copy", a little extra on the rarity.

Crowshatteredoutside_zps98e8f63f.jpg

crowshatteredtraycase_zps0a74150a.jpg

CrowShatteredsigpages_zpsef641d69.jpg

Guest Grails
This just arrived. I've owned one before and regretted selling it. The CD was released again but two tracks were changed. This edition has the originals. 1500 produced, signed and numbered.

image_zps033c6e6c.jpg

Did I get my copy from you a few years ago?

I don't remember but its possible. I've sold two of them, both NM/M and in one of them I had the loose color print signed by O'Barr in gold near the bottom.

By the way, interesting note, there are 1500 s/n copies of the book itself. There are not 1500 slipcased editions with the CD. I don't know how many of those were made but I'll email James and ask.

CrowShatteredsigpages_zpsef641d69.jpg

WHOA!!

(worship)

Now that is a lot of signatures, but packaged so nicely they look great together. But what was Charles De Lint doing - testing to see if the pen worked? Talk about making your signature stand out from the rest.

I noticed the Harlan Ellison signature. I had to look that one up to see what he did related to The Crow.

Harlan Ellison's story "Objects of Desire in the Mirror Are Closer Than They Appear", written in the DANGEROUS VISIONS bookstore window based on just a few words from X-FILES creator Chris Carter, will appear in the signed, numbered, deluxe edition of THE CROW: SHATTERED LIVES AND BROKEN DREAMS story compilation (and NOT in any other version).

That is really neat.

:applause:

It's the real thing. I matched the scans line for line.

Lay one scan over the other and they are identical.

Deadworld #10 was also the first book published by Caliber Comics. November 1988 with a January 1989 cover date. It's a little slice of history.

Wow! So the seller didn't even know what they had? The listing talks about a 1993 graphic novel, and doesn't even mention this was the back cover of Deadworld 10 and the 1st Caliber Comics publication.

shocker meh

I just felt like jumping in and saying :hi: guys! The Crow is easily one of my favorite books of All-Time!!! (thumbs u

Someday, I will own a Caliber Presents and a Crow #1 - 4 in high grade!

I have a couple of nice raws if you want to get a jump start.

And CGC 9.6 copies of The Crow 2, 3 as well.

(thumbs u

You don't say........ :whistle:

I just felt like jumping in and saying :hi: guys! The Crow is easily one of my favorite books of All-Time!!! (thumbs u

Someday, I will own a Caliber Presents and a Crow #1 - 4 in high grade!

I have a couple of nice raws if you want to get a jump start.

And CGC 9.6 copies of The Crow 2, 3 as well.

(thumbs u

You don't say........ :whistle:

Yes. You don't say...... :whistle:

Crow 3 CGC 9.6 :cloud9:

WOW!

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Those books should have been yours with all the effort you put into that collection.

Let's see your Crow collection Nick! :cloud9:

+1 do it :baiting:

+ 2

Wait a minute?!

I hear stories that it's quite impressive. (worship)

O’Barr began crafting The Crow in 1981, with Caliber Comics first publishing the Crow’s adventures in 1989. The new trade paperback by Gallery Books honors the character with a re-release of the graphic novel O’Barr intended all along, all done with traditional ink on paper and hand-drawn lettering on the original art. That old-school technique goes for new pages, too — 30 pages of never-before-seen artwork, including a new closing segment called “Sparklehorse.” O’Barr explains the significance of that new closing sequence and the special edition as a whole in a most revealing new introduction, where he sets the record straight “once and for all” on what really happened to the girl who was the inspiration for Shelly.

Now I knew about his girlfriend. I did not know the reason she was out driving that night.

:o:(

The Crow Special Edition review

He attended our show here in May. Was great to talk to and pick his brain and listen to all the details of how everything came together. He carries his inks and pencils around in a Crow lunch box. Cant wait to have him down again.

WOW!

Those books should have been yours with all the effort you put into that collection.

+ 2

Wait a minute?!

I have to dig up those pictures. Buried somewhere with all the other books I love.

WOW!

+ 2

Wait a minute?!

I have to dig up those pictures. Buried somewhere with all the other books I love.

:cloud9: