• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I had included the front and back cover of Deadworld #10 and Caliber Presents #1 since those contained The Crow, and sorted in publication order.

1. Deadworld #10: 1st cameo on back cover ad (and OA now in the hands of Chris/Comix4fun :applause: ).

2. Caliber Presents #1: 1st full appearance of The Crow (Inertia).

3. The Crow #1-4: Despair, Irony, Fear, Pain.

4. A Caliber Christmas #1: Atmosphere.

5. Caliber Presents #15: The Crow #5 preview (Death).

YQCse4rl.jpg

And since I had bought the Crow #2 raw from Grails, I included this in memory of his kindness.

:cloud9:

I had included the front and back cover of Deadworld #10 and Caliber Presents #1 since those contained The Crow, and sorted in publication order.

1. Deadworld #10: 1st cameo on back cover ad (and OA now in the hands of Chris/Comix4fun :applause: ).

It will be as soon as my wife decides to stay home and sign for the fed ex package. lol

Then I can take a group art/comic shot like I did with this piece.

Calibercompare_zps1287dc64.jpg

Guest Grails

2. Caliber Presents #1: 1st full appearance of The Crow (Inertia).

3. The Crow #1-4: Despair, Irony, Fear, Pain.

4. A Caliber Christmas #1: Atmosphere.

5. Caliber Presents #15: The Crow #5 preview (Death).

YQCse4rl.jpg

And since I had bought the Crow #2 raw from Grails, I included this in memory of his kindness.

:cloud9:

:cloud9::cloud9:

untitled.png

Chris, that is an amazing piece of comic book history. Is it as detailed as it looks? It appears like O'Barr wanted every wood board to stand out. And the smoke coming out of the shotgun barrel just adds an extra amount of atmosphere I didn't pick up on before.

:luhv:

It's a lot more detailed than what the comic showed. That happens to a lot of artwork. The art is larger and when it's shrunk for publication some stuff gets lost.

Update on The Crow reboot movie.

Comic-Con: Javier Gutierrez & James O'Barr Talk About The Crow Reboot!

O'Barr: Brandon was a friend and I'd never do anything that hinted at betrayal. But what Javier told me was that he wanted to go back to the source material. Be as faithful as possible which would make it something entirely different. Proyas' film is stunning and stylized. I mean that in a good way. Nothing negative about it. Going back to the original book and keeping it grounded and realistic and dirty and gritty, it really appealed to me. Even so much as to carrying over the visual metaphors like horses and trains - where the street signs always say No Exit or One Way. Exploring it with a different attitude appealed to me.

Shock: And what was your pitch?

Gutierrez: I love the story and I told them I'd do it because I love the story, but it's not a remake of the original. It's a new interpretation. Of course, we have to fill some parts and new elements, but there was so much beauty and passion to the original. A lot in there we could do that was never done. That's the main thing that captured my attention. We can do something original. The darkness, the beauty, the violence and love. That's what got me excited. A lot of fans responded to the original movie, but this is going to be different. This is going to give them some good gifts. We're going to pull some stuff from the original comic that's going to be tough and we're going to do it in an original and artistic way.

Luke Evans is cast as Eric Draven.

Luke-Evans-AES-048282.jpg

Some recent acquisitions

Crow #1 (2nd Print - VF) picked this up for $4

Death Rattle #3 (2 copies - both signed) $5ea

Deadworld #10 (VF/NM-) paid $10 on Amazon

Crow Vol 1 (Tundra - 2nd Print - NM) $8

Crow Vol 2 (Tundra - 1st Print - NM+) $15

Crow Vol 3 (Tundra - 1st Print - NM+) $15

crow_stuff1.jpg

I have the same dealer holding Crow 1, 2 (2 copies) and 4, all 1st prints, all VF

Edited by Sarfa