• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

Six total Deadworld #10's have been graded in all grades.

It is a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Out of those six, each cover has one 9.8. Alas, I do not own one of those.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

:cloud9:

:baiting:

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

And, unless I am doing something incorrectly on GPA, there have been ZERO recorded CGC sales of this book. Ever.

Crazy!

You have to remember the CGC census on this book is all messed up. CGC didn't correctly account for the two different covers.

XI3A5WV.png

e9Pyofr.png

Here's the real census on the books I can account for.

HSeIC9el.jpg

F87LNknl.jpg

'Not For Wussies' Variant Cover:

9.8: 2 total (1 x SS, 1 x BL)

- I own the 1 x SS 9.8 which was the 1st 9.8 to hit either census.

- RMA had the blue label 9.8, which was sold to Comix4fun.

th_Deadworld1098002_zps85f74cc0.jpg

9.6: 1 total (1 x BL)

- I owned one, and submitted it for another Crow nut's collection. :cloud9:

vrcO7Yom.jpgnRmxli7m.jpg

9.4: 1 total (1 x BL)

- I purchased this book from a fundraiser sale.

- I sold it later to another Crow nut. :cloud9:

Tame Variant Cover:

9.8: 0 total (CGC mistakenly listed RMA's book as the opposite cover, so when he listed his book on Ebay as the only 9.8 in the census he did this not aware I had the CGC SS 9.8 shown).

9.6: 2 total (1 x SS, 1 x BL)

- I own the SS 9.6, and purchased it from someone on the boards.

- sexyghoul owns the blue label 9.6, which NewEnglandGothic submitted to CGC.

Unaccounted For Covers:

9.6: 1 total (1 x SS)

- I've never seen this book posted anywhere, so it would be difficult to tell which version it is.

Edited by Constantine_Lives

Thank you.

It is the first poll I have ever created on the Boards, and was not sure the best way to set it up.

My life will go on, whichever way the pendulum swings. But I would rather at least try, then do nothing at all.

It will not make me enjoy my book any less than I do now. It is such a great, great piece of Crow artwork.

I voted and voiced why I voted the way I did.

Hope, I didn't lose a friend in doing so.

As it's my personal opinion alone and not made for any other's benefit.

It is, and was, a very hard book to obtain, for me at least, and I had a lot of help.

Crazy!

You have to remember the CGC census on this book is all messed up. CGC didn't correctly account for the two different covers.

XI3A5WV.png

e9Pyofr.png

Here's the real census on the books I can account for.

HSeIC9el.jpg

F87LNknl.jpg

'Not For Wussies' Variant Cover:

9.8: 2 total (1 x SS, 1 x BL)

- I own the 1 x SS 9.8 which was the 1st 9.8 to hit either census.

- RMA had the blue label 9.8, which was sold to Comix4fun.

th_Deadworld1098002_zps85f74cc0.jpg

9.6: 1 total (1 x BL)

- I owned this, and submitted it for another Crow nut's collection. :cloud9:

vrcO7Yom.jpgnRmxli7m.jpg

9.4: 1 x BL

- I purchased this book from a fundraiser sale.

- I sold it later to another Crow nut. :cloud9:oakman29 does and will always own this one,mark this one as "never to be sold again".

Tame Variant Cover:

9.8: 0 total (CGC mistakenly listed RMA's book as the opposite cover, so when he listed his book on Ebay as the only 9.8 in the census he did this not aware I had the CGC SS 9.8 shown).

9.6: 1 total (1 x SS)

- I own this, and purchased it from someone on the boards.

Unaccounted For Covers:

9.6: 2 total (1 x SS, 1 x BL).

- I've never seen these posted anywhere, so it would be difficult to tell which version they are.

:applause:

Nick, you have given me a Crow collection to be proud of. Thank you again. :foryou:

Dave, my pleasure to help out. The first story arc overall is a fantastic run of books to own and read. More people should get the chance to experience this Copper Age masterpiece.

By the way, edited my census count.

I posted these here before, but I was feeling sentimental.

DSC027161.jpg

DSC027191.jpg

from Jen's collection.

I remember that book now. I was going to buy it off of HighQualityComics. But I held off so NewEnglandGothic could consider it first for sexyghoul's collection. And what a beauty that turned out to be.

DSC027161.jpg

DSC027191.jpg

from Jen's collection.

I remember that book now. I was going to buy it off of HighQualityComics. But I held off so NewEnglandGothic could consider it first for sexyghoul's collection. And what a beauty that turned out to be.

:luhv:

sexyghoul collection funfact #299:

A graded 9.8 funnybook of WWE's The Undertaker resides in the Crow section of her collection. (:

DSC027161.jpg

DSC027191.jpg

from Jen's collection.

:luhv:

sexyghoul collection funfact #299:

A graded 9.8 funnybook of WWE's The Undertaker resides in the Crow section of her collection. (:

Very nice collection!!

Why is the "tame" cover the variant?

I consider the explicit cover to be the variant, and marked it so on my submission form. It would not have mattered if I did know about the SS 9.8, because universals and SS are different things. I still would have listed it as "only 9.8 on census."

I don't have a problem if others disagree, and they can do with their listings as they choose.

Hey Jugger Grimrod,

Have you obtained any new Crow sketches lately?

My apologies for the delay, I need to figure out how to set it up so when someone comments it alerts me. Nothing new in my Crow sketchbook. Still kicking myself for selling my four original pages from issue #2. All four pages were in sequential order too. I know they are in good hands though and the buyers over the years greatly appreciated them.

I am tempted to send in my original Caliber mini to CGC, I have never sent a book to CGC before, but I had mine signed by O' Barr before CGC was started and now it seems unless "they" witness it having them graded could potentially hurt the value. I had James sign them on the covers, unlike my Dark Knight Returns I had Frank Miller sign those on the inside front page, some say that won't hurt the value but having a signature on the cover will. I think its all BS, I know they are legit, and that is all that matters. Should I send them into CGC? Thoughts?

Hey guys, was just perusing ebay for the usual books and this popped up, figured one of you may be interested. I don't have a copy myself but the seller only ships to U.S. residents, (and I'm refraining from larger purchases lately, saving up funds for a Crow #1)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Caliber-Christmas-9-8-The-Crow-SIGNED-by-J-O-Barr-/321776947499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeb66912b

Same seller also has a 9.8 SS #1, just noticed

Edited by Couchy81

Hey guys, was just perusing ebay for the usual books and this popped up, figured one of you may be interested. I don't have a copy myself but the seller only ships to U.S. residents, (and I'm refraining from larger purchases lately, saving up funds for a Crow #1)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/A-Caliber-Christmas-9-8-The-Crow-SIGNED-by-J-O-Barr-/321776947499?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aeb66912b

Same seller also has a 9.8 SS #1, just noticed

hm

And the #1 SS is gone, grats to whoever nabbed it, that was quick.

:o