• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

I can't believe what these books are going for lately.I saw a Crow #1 1st print at Wonder-Con selling for 200 dollars in only VF condition(spine issues on a black book). There was only one copy in the whole show.

Between these books now being over 25 years old TM, the limited distribution, and then probably the recent movie reboot encouring people to get back into the original story arc, it all leads to higher prices.

That $200 for a VF may not be that crazy soon enough.

I can't believe what these books are going for lately.I saw a Crow #1 1st print at Wonder-Con selling for 200 dollars in only VF condition(spine issues on a black book). There was only one copy in the whole show.

Between these books now being over 25 years old TM, the limited distribution, and then probably the recent movie reboot encouring people to get back into the original story arc, it all leads to higher prices.

:banana: I'll never sell anyway,but......

I am surprised by that price. At Toronto Comic-con in March when I got my first copies of the book, I got #2,3,4 for $20 total and the dealer told me he sold the #1 for $60. I didn't see the condition on the #1 but I assume it was from the same set of 1st prints I got which were all in VF/NM range.

Maybe that isn't the norm but it was a big show.

I am surprised by that price. At Toronto Comic-con in March when I got my first copies of the book, I got #2,3,4 for $20 total and the dealer told me he sold the #1 for $60. I didn't see the condition on the #1 but I assume it was from the same set of 1st prints I got which were all in VF/NM range.

Better check to see if they are 1st prints.

I'm good right?

kcCgLoV.jpg

LQcBcch.jpg

I'm good right?

kcCgLoV.jpg

LQcBcch.jpg

1st printings.

:applause:

As far as the book to have, do you think Caliber Presents #1 or The Crow #1 is better? I'm debating which to buy now.

That's a tough one...

I had to have both. If I could only have one, I would probably go with the CP #1. Great back cover and 1st appearance.

Haha. I love you Nick!

My collection was so young and naive. At the time there were no 9.8 #1's, I had the only #2 9.8, there was only one other #3 9.6 (no 9.8's), and only 3 #4 9.8's. I honestly had been looking for high grade copies for so long (pre cgc/mass internet) that I wasn't sure there would be many more to surface...

Then that green #1 9.8 came which Chris snagged quickly, and then you became a Crow 9.8 finding machine!!! (worship)

Even though the numbers in high grade are still relatively low, I am still amazed at the beautiful copies collectors/board members have been able to find! Proud to be part of the group.

I don't post on here enough, but I do love seeing all the posts and continued Crow love in this thread!

Great to see you on here again.

(worship)

Same.

:hi:

:hi: I'm usually lurking about!

Just bought NM first printings of 1,3,4 on ebay for $75 shipped. I'm stoked!

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

:sorry:

Same thing happened to me on my #1. If only there were a quick, easy way for a seller to identify later printings....

Good luck!

Sadly I got the books today. They were in great condition. My heart dropped when I saw "second printing" on the inside of issue 1 and 3. Sigh.

On that note I'm looking to buy The Crow #1 first printing from the original series if anyone has one for sale in nice condition. :(

Same thing happened to me on my #1. If only there were a quick, easy way for a seller to identify later printings....

Good luck!

Try receiving a graded book from one of the competitors which was shown as a '1st printing', cracking it out and finding out it was a later printing and grossly overgraded.

:(

Good luck!

Try receiving a graded book from one of the competitors which was shown as a '1st printing', cracking it out and finding out it was a later printing and grossly overgraded.

Damn that is brutal. Makes you wonder how many people out there have graded books that don't match the descriptions. In general.

Good luck!

Also no good; considered bidding on such an item but was wary of the unknown (and the final price).

However, this could be said of any grading company when it comes to this title. I don't think you can tell a printing w/o looking inside of the cover (and even in other titles where you can, CGC has been "off" before).

Good luck!

That's why I only deal with my man Bosco for my Crow needs. :headbang:

Good luck!

:luhv:

(worship)

Good luck!

:luhv:

(worship)

You rule dude. (thumbs u

Good luck!

Add me to the Bosco-Crow club. :thumbsup:

Good luck!

Add me to the Bosco-Crow club. :thumbsup:

:blush:

:foryou: