• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

O'Barr's "The Crow" love
7 7

2,755 posts in this topic

S'all good. Though I do believe that CGC goes a little soft on this book. I've had the same experience with CGC's competitor as well.

Those books scan really poorly too - the defects always look worse in the scan than they do on the book.

how about copies that are flawless on top but have colour break on the spine? Will it affect grading if there is colour break the entire length vs. only on a certain %?

I imagine this set is hard to find never-been-read.

S'all good. Though I do believe that CGC goes a little soft on this book. I've had the same experience with CGC's competitor as well.

Those books scan really poorly too - the defects always look worse in the scan than they do on the book.

how about copies that are flawless on top but have colour break on the spine? Will it affect grading if there is colour break the entire length vs. only on a certain %?

Do you have a pic of what you mean?

And yes, 9.8's are freaking hard to find.

I believe there are only ten Crow #1's in 9.8. Yeah that's pretty scarce.

I believe there are only ten Crow #1's in 9.8. Yeah that's pretty scarce.

With SS & Qualified copies, there are 20 :thumbsup:

Yes I just snapped a pic of my #2 and #3 for example. The spine on #2 is much cleaner than #3, so wondering how the grade of one would be affected by the spine vs. the other, all else being equal for sake of comparison.

#2 - http://i.imgur.com/9yoxLyf.jpg

#3 - http://i.imgur.com/MK2HyUZ.jpg

Yes I just snapped a pic of my #2 and #3 for example. The spine on #2 is much cleaner than #3, so wondering how the grade of one would be affected by the spine vs. the other, all else being equal for sake of comparison.

I don't think Crow 2 will be impacted that much on grading. I've seen enough of those that it shouldn't be a bad experience.

Crow #3 is the one that at that upper spine where the white line now starts to bleed out onto the front cover where it may have some grading impact.

154639.png.f46e3c0600e8388e83e63ee442f642c3.png

I don't think Crow 2 will be impacted that much on grading. I've seen enough of those that it shouldn't be a bad experience.

Crow #3 is the one that at that upper spine where the white line now starts to bleed out onto the front cover where it may have some grading impact.

Okay cool thanks. The upper portion of the spine on #3 is completely undetectable from a top down view of the front cover, it is essentially flawless front and back except for the spine. I imagine it takes it down significantly though, it's not really pretty to look at.

I was at a show today hunting for Crow books, only found #2 for $55 which seemed OP, and some kitchen sink sets of flesh and blood. The one vendor who had a #1 sold it at the start of the show, I didn't find out the exact price but it was hefty from what I gather.

lol

If you are looking for a #1, you may want to get with Bosco. He's hooked me, and others, up with Crow books.

I don't know if he has any spare #1's though.

:foryou:

I have some really great Crow books because of you. (worship)

lol

If you are looking for a #1, you may want to get with Bosco. He's hooked me, and others, up with Crow books.

I have some really great Crow books because of you. (worship)

:gossip:

Man, he just hooked me up too.

Big time.

lol

:cloud9:

You deserve the praise.

Thanks Reed.

(worship)

FYI, a nice looking 9.4 #1 is coming up in the next CL auction.

Not mine, but I know people are looking for nice copies.

Here she is -

RAD2DF3F2015429_113459.jpg

Now that is a nice looking book! (thumbs u

Good luck to whomever gets this catch,they are only going to get harder and harder to find. (thumbs u