• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Youre Final thoughts on Action # 1 "6.0" Results.

118 posts in this topic

Well now that its a day later and we have all absorbed the auction what are your final thoughts on the results ?

There are too many threads on Action 1.

that was actually my first reaction, but then I figured, it is action 1, you really can "never" have too many threads going

Yes, you can.

have you though this through... just think, if the entire front page was filled with Action 1 threads...what a glorious day it would be lol

Would people still want to own an Action #1 if there was a warehouse find of them and prices tanked or is the book special not only because it is the first but because it is rare?

hm

I don't know, but I'll gladly take one of those warehouse copies. :hi:

Well now that its a day later and we have all absorbed the auction what are your final thoughts on the results ?

that was actually my first reaction, but then I figured, it is action 1, you really can "never" have too many threads going

Yes, you can.

have you though this through... just think, if the entire front page was filled with Action 1 threads...what a glorious day it would be lol

Would people still want to own an Action #1 if there was a warehouse find of them and prices tanked or is the book special not only because it is the first but because it is rare?

hm

I would kill for a warehouse find, as I am sure any number of fans would be...

anybody ever find out if the supes 4 and 6 sales went through or not, btw? Those would be exhibits 2 and 3.

From what I hear the sales are legit & Heritage has been paid.

And everyone with an early Supes wants to know who those two bidders are! lol

anybody ever find out if the supes 4 and 6 sales went through or not, btw? Those would be exhibits 2 and 3.

From what I hear the sales are legit & Heritage has been paid.

And everyone with an early Supes wants to know who those two bidders are! lol

Seriously. I'll let my 14 & 17 go for a mere 10X guide... any takers?

In mind mind, it was not a disappointment, but not an overly impressive result either.

As George said, it sold for the right price.

It was a disappointment only because of overblown expectations. There are people acting like it's a funeral because the book sold for "only" $317K.

$317K is an excellent price. It's not even a top 5 copy of Action 1, not is it the best Action 1 to be available for sale during the last 5-6 years. Back out the freak $200K price which was (over)paid for the 4.0 copy, and this price is in line with a nice rate of appreciation from previous sales of Action 1 in this grade. The hobby should be celebrating rather than doing a post-mortem.

Yes, you can.

lol(worship)

In mind mind, it was not a disappointment, but not an overly impressive result either.

It was a disappointment only because of overblown expectations. There are people acting like it's a funeral because the book sold for "only" $317K.

$317K is an excellent price. It's not even a top 5 copy of Action 1, not is it the best Action 1 to be available for sale during the last 5-6 years. Back out the freak $200K price which was (over)paid for the 4.0 copy, and this price is in line with a nice rate of appreciation from previous sales of Action 1 in this grade. The hobby should be celebrating rather than doing a post-mortem.

Sanity. There's no room for that here! Please reserve your comments for hyping the hell out of this book or kindly keep quiet.

Sanity. There's no room for that here! Please reserve your comments for hyping the hell out of this book or kindly keep quiet.

On the contrary, your opinions are greatly appreciated and respected..

I know your funnin

:sorry: Sorry, you're right. How's this instead:

AAAGGHHH! THE TRAGEDY AND INJUSTICE OF IT ALL!!! HOW COULD THIS BOOK NOT HAVE SOLD FOR MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE???!!!! WE SHOULD ALL JUST SLIT OUR WRISTS!!!!

Every celebrity and rich dude should have stumped up for this book! In protest, I will never ever watch another episode of Seinfeld, another Spielberg movie, another Lucas movie (okay, maybe that was going to happen anyways), another NBA game with Shaq, or buy any Microsoft software.

I know your funnin

Two sane posts in one thread, what are these boards coming to?

Peter, you really need to learn how to overreact and start a flame war or you're not going to fit in around here.

Yes, you can.

Seconded. :gossip:

I know your funnin

Peter, you really need to learn how to overreact and start a flame war or you're not going to fit in around here.

O.k , wheres Steve ?

I know your funnin

O.k , wheres Steve ?

:roflmao:

Am I the only one that was very impressed with this sale... it's hammer price and the way CC handled it?

Six years ago, a CGC 5.5 with OW pages sold at Heritage for $121K. In the interim, everything around us has collapsed or at the very least gone down in value, most of the time considerably. And this books, a 6.0 with CR/OW, sells for $317K!!! :o

We need to be a little realistic here and keep things in perspective. I think this sale was rock solid, very healthy for the market. Any sale price that was much higher or considerably lower would make me think twice as to whether this hobby was healthy.

Am I the only one that was very impressed with this sale... it's hammer price and the way CC handled it?

Six years ago, a CGC 5.5 with OW pages sold at Heritage for $121K. In the interim, everything around us has collapsed or at the very least gone down in value, most of the time considerably. And this books, a 6.0 with CR/OW, sells for $317K!!! :o

We need to be a little realistic here and keep things in perspective. I think this sale was rock solid, very healthy for the market. Any sale price that was much higher or considerably lower would make me think twice as to whether this hobby was healthy.

You're not the only one. I thought it was a $240k book. They marketed it brilliantly and got it sold for a great price in a terrible economy without currency propping up a subset of bidders. Kudos to them.