• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spreading the word about the Watchmen film!

20 posts in this topic

Just came back from the movie,I didn`t like it.

I LOVED IT!

This was the best superhero movie I ever saw.I am spreading the word because if you count my wife and I there was only 4 people in the theatre watching it.

I was expecting a 3 hour turd fest and got a exciting movie from start to finish.Enjoyed it much better then Dark Knight. It has rekindled my love for comic books and Alan Moore`s writing again. Even though Rorschach was the star, this guy

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Comedian/Edward Morgan Blake should be nominated for a Oscar for best supporting actor.

comedian.jpg

Just came back from the movie,I didn`t like it.

I LOVED IT!

This was the best superhero movie I ever saw.I am spreading the word because if you count my wife and I there was only 4 people in the theatre watching it.

I was expecting a 3 hour turd fest and got a exciting movie from start to finish.Enjoyed it much better then Dark Knight. It has rekindled my love for comic books and Alan Moore`s writing again. Even though Rorschach was the star, this guy

Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Comedian/Edward Morgan Blake should be nominated for a Oscar for best supporting actor.

comedian.jpg

I saw it twice and I loved it each time. Like the book, I picked up on a few things I've missed during the second viewing that I didn't catch the first time around.

I enjoyed the movie somewhat.

So did I, just to see the translation make it to the screen, but it's still a spectacular failure with horrible pacing that I'd never recommend it to anyone - a friend of mind said it best when you told me:

"The DVD will be the ultimate cure for insomnia."

Certainly better than the second or third Spiderman movie.

Faint praise indeed. :insane:

You got me there lol.

I enjoyed Watchmen and would like to see it in the theatre again. I didn't enjoy the Spiderman movies and should have waited to rent them. I might also point out that I thought the first Spiderman movie did a great job showing the origin of Spiderman's powers and Spidey learning to use his powers but was a piece of spoon after that.

Even though Rorschach was the star, this guy Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Comedian/Edward Morgan Blake should be nominated for a Oscar for best supporting actor.

I enjoyed the movie a lot, and my wife did too (to my utter surprise).

However, I thought the opening scene with the Comedian was one of the weakest parts of the movie...it set a puzzling tone and was unnecessarily long and gory, and the "kung-fu fighting" with you-know-who was kind of ridiculous (wasn't Blake supposed to be a past-his-prime old man by this point?). In general I thought the actor looked great for the part, but I was sometimes iffy on how his part was written/adapted for the screen.

I might also point out that I thought the first Spiderman movie did a great job showing the origin of Spiderman's powers and Spidey learning to use his powers but was a piece of spoon after that.

Oh yeah, the first half of Spider-man is the best superhero movie ever made. Too bad someone had to bring out the Green Power Ranger.

So did I, just to see the translation make it to the screen, but it's still a spectacular failure with horrible pacing that I'd never recommend it to anyone - a friend of mind said it best when you told me:

Holy mess, Joe. He was making a joke. You don't need to voice your opinion EVERY time someone says they enjoyed the film. doh!

Holy mess, Joe. He was making a joke. You don't need to voice your opinion EVERY time someone says they enjoyed the film. doh!

I don't think he realized that the comic I showed is a spoof comic called Whatmen. Its actually a pretty good comic. And as to the watchmen movie itself I did enjoy it for the most part. Not greatest movie out there but worth the 3 hours. Really like some of the effects. Wouldn't mind seeing an animated version of Whatmen though lol.

The wife and I went and saw it last night. I thought it was good overall - certainly not the book step by step, but I thought it was fine. Were there problems with it? Sure, but so very few movies (especially this story with the devoted following and fanboy allure) live up to the comics in full.

The ending? meh But it is what it is and I'd see it again. Hopefully the DVD cut will fill in some gaps (shrug)

Most of the performances were good, casting was well done and Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach (thumbs u (thumbs u The character was everything I thought of when I read the GN - though some people complained he sounded like Bale's Batman. I thought the guy was great.

In general, for the average movie audience, I think the film lost a few people as was apparent by some of the conversations I caught bits of after the movie. Had I not read the graphic novel, I might have been a bit lost in some sense. There were several references to the GN in the film, but only those who read the GN would have gotten them.

The wife and I went and saw it last night. I thought it was good overall - certainly not the book step by step, but I thought it was fine. Were there problems with it? Sure, but so very few movies (especially this story with the devoted following and fanboy allure) live up to the comics in full.

The ending? meh But it is what it is and I'd see it again. Hopefully the DVD cut will fill in some gaps (shrug)

Most of the performances were good, casting was well done and Jackie Earle Haley as Rorschach (thumbs u (thumbs u The character was everything I thought of when I read the GN - though some people complained he sounded like Bale's Batman. I thought the guy was great.

In general, for the average movie audience, I think the film lost a few people as was apparent by some of the conversations I caught bits of after the movie. Had I not read the graphic novel, I might have been a bit lost in some sense. There were several references to the GN in the film, but only those who read the GN would have gotten them.

(thumbs u

I don't think he realized that the comic I showed is a spoof comic called Whatmen.

What the heck are you talking about? That I thought the Whatman cover was the actual cover to the Watchmen GN? :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

I've seen what stupid Whatman cover you've been spamming a few hundred times, and I cut out all references to that and left in the only movie-related part.

Your original quote:

I enjoyed Whatmen more

So you didn't enjoy Whatman MORE than the movie? (shrug)

Yeah I spammed it a few 100 times at least. Never knew 2 times = couple hundred. Must be a new era of math.

Btw JC have you read the Whatmen spoof book that you can say it sucks or is your head stuck up your that you need to turn an other watchmen thread into nothing but your negative rantings about the movie thus you can't enjoy anything else?

As to what I enjoyed I enjoyed both in a different way in which I cant compare them both because they where different forms of entertainment at different levels thus I cant equate them both to each other or it would be extremely unfair to the movie and the comic producers in which I dont wish to suffer the wrath of negativity from either.

Btw as lego pointed out it was just wordplay.