• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

And the Action 2 failed to meet reserve or comiclink's estimate, which surprised me...especially with the Action 8 selling for over double guide.
Cause Rick put a retardo reserve on it so he wouldn't have to sell it.
(thumbs u

All Star # 5 in 9.0 sold for $2,900 (it Guides for $5355 in 9.0, and in 9.2 for $7650).

:o :o

I was the high bidder at $2,800, and mine was simply a "tracking" bid. :o

Never thought it would be that close.

I tried to bid on the 4 and 5, but clink timed out for me :cry:

Well, I finally got all my bids in on the first day....regret that I didn't try harder for that All Winners # 2....really tough break Skybolt. :frustrated:

Thanks. Live and learn I guess. :sorry:

I'm still waiting to see how my other books perform in this auction. If they fall short of expectation, then I'll think twice about future CL auctions. I thought the Heritage and CC auctions were somewhat weak, but not this weak!

I think the All Flash CGC 8.0 sold for $5,600......the GPA for that book is around $8K. doh!

Is the CL site slow to load from page to page for anyone else?

Only on IE. It flies on Firefox for me.

Yep, its certainly faster on Firefox, but there is still a slight lag.

I have always used IE...how do I get firefox?

Well, I finally got all my bids in on the first day....regret that I didn't try harder for that All Winners # 2....really tough break Skybolt. :frustrated:

Thanks. Live and learn I guess. :sorry:

I'm still waiting to see how my other books perform in this auction. If they fall short of expectation, then I'll think twice about future CL auctions. I thought the Heritage and CC auctions were somewhat weak, but not this weak!

I think the All Flash CGC 8.0 sold for $5,600......the GPA for that book is around $8K. doh!

a copy just sold on heritage last month for $8300, too!

Just Google "Firefox" and the site will come up that you can download it from.

I'm on Firefox, but your experience leads me to believe that I'd better not wait until the last seconds to place my bids.

Just Google "Firefox" and the site will come up that you can download it from.

I'm on Firefox, but your experience leads me to believe that I'd better not wait until the last seconds to place my bids.

hurt me on several books

Hey Rick, did you win the AA 16 GLOD?
nope, went higher than I was willing to pay to "marry" a copy...

Darn.. It did go for what I expected it to end at. It went for just a few hundred dollars less than the PLOD one. I should've bid higher, oh well

Hey Rick, did you win the AA 16 GLOD?
nope, went higher than I was willing to pay to "marry" a copy...

Darn.. It did go for what I expected it to end at. It went for just a few hundred dollars less than the PLOD one. I should've bid higher, oh well

c'est la vie...

Tonight I lost Batman #59. It went for well over guide. How come what I'm bidding on isn't under guide?

Batman 59 :devil:

:jokealert::baiting:

But I did snag one Batman upgrade :banana:

The Batman 27 in 8.0 went about $300 under guide

Tonight I lost Batman #59. It went for well over guide. How come what I'm bidding on isn't under guide?

Because it is a good cover. Some of the lame covers, or books that have been overvalued in the guide didn't do very well.

I'm not surprised at all actually. A lot of the same books keep getting trotted out and surprise, surprise, they "under perform".

It is not that surprising to me.

The Adv 40? It had a very unattractive stain on it. It hurt. I wouldn't bid strong on that copy. I love Adv 40, but not that copy at a big dollar amount.

The restored high grade AA 16? It sold for way too much money the last time it sold. It is one of my favorite books, but there is no way I would pay over $20,000 for that copy. In my view, that is a $10,000 book. Call me old fashioned.

Hourman Adventures? From my perspective they have been cold as ice for a long time.

All Winners 2? Ugly cover

Young Allies #1? Puh-lease!!!

So, I don't see it as an indictment of th GA market when books that should "under perform" do. I see it as an accurate refelction of what people collect, and what they want to spend on their books.

Adventure 40, :headbang: Break out the safe and pull out the restoration money.

ALL American 16 = $10,000? Wrong. I had an $11,000 limit. :baiting:

Who's Hourman? At least I know who GL is. :acclaim: I read GL books in the 60's. (shrug)

All Winners 2? Liked the book everytime I see it for sale. Upside= Nice black cover. Downside = No action on cover. :headbang:

Young Allies 1 =Has been overpriced relative to guide, since the1930's. :insane: