• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

Tonight I lost Batman #59. It went for well over guide. How come what I'm bidding on isn't under guide?

Because it is a good cover. Some of the lame covers, or books that have been overvalued in the guide didn't do very well.

I'm not surprised at all actually. A lot of the same books keep getting trotted out and surprise, surprise, they "under perform".

It is not that surprising to me.

The Adv 40? It had a very unattractive stain on it. It hurt. I wouldn't bid strong on that copy. I love Adv 40, but not that copy at a big dollar amount.

The restored high grade AA 16? It sold for way too much money the last time it sold. It is one of my favorite books, but there is no way I would pay over $20,000 for that copy. In my view, that is a $10,000 book. Call me old fashioned.

Hourman Adventures? From my perspective they have been cold as ice for a long time.

All Winners 2? Ugly cover

Young Allies #1? Puh-lease!!!

So, I don't see it as an indictment of th GA market when books that should "under perform" do. I see it as an accurate refelction of what people collect, and what they want to spend on their books.

Black Terror #1 ?

Only a VG, but not common, went well below guide. Decent cover too!

Oh I know the problem. Bad Luck Schleprock owned it. :pullhair:

Jay did you win the Adventure #40?

I was going to bid on that but didn't because I didn't want to compete against another boardie...who decided he wouldn't bid.

:tonofbricks:

Tonight I lost Batman #59. It went for well over guide. How come what I'm bidding on isn't under guide?

Because it is a good cover. Some of the lame covers, or books that have been overvalued in the guide didn't do very well.

I'm not surprised at all actually. A lot of the same books keep getting trotted out and surprise, surprise, they "under perform".

The Adv 40? It had a very unattractive stain on it. It hurt. I wouldn't bid strong on that copy. I love Adv 40, but not that copy at a big dollar amount.

The restored high grade AA 16? It sold for way too much money the last time it sold. It is one of my favorite books, but there is no way I would pay over $20,000 for that copy. In my view, that is a $10,000 book. Call me old fashioned.

Hourman Adventures? From my perspective they have been cold as ice for a long time.

So, I don't see it as an indictment of th GA market when books that should "under perform" do. I see it as an accurate refelction of what people collect, and what they want to spend on their books.

Black Terror #1 ?

Mike, was that your book?

So All Star 18 is poop? lol

No, All Stars are very cool, but they are do darn high in guide. And have been for a long time. Paying big bucks for them is just not something I, and a lot of other GA collectors, are willing to do. They aren't that hard to find and can be had reasonably if you dig around.

Sure, there are some issues that command high prices, but not most.

Black Terror #1 ?

Not a Schomburg. I've always liked the book, but when I was a dealer, it was always a tough sell. The others were much easier to sell.

Adventure 40, :headbang: Break out the safe and pull out the restoration money.

I don't think that stain would come completely out no matter how much you washed it.

Black Terror #1 ?

Yeah, It was an under copy, but I would have bought it back from myself at the hammer price.

Yeah, it isn't a Schomburg, but it ain't so bad. I be person_without_enough_empathyin' less if I could win something for cheap. Even an ugly cover.

I'm missing on bidding and loosing on selling. I bet I had one of the only 9.9 White paged ASMs that didn't even come close to GPA.

I know - whaa, whaa. :cry:

A real nice All-Winners # 2 in VF sells for $2,500 (Guide is $3479).

These prices are scary. doh!

That IS scary. I wonder if people are all hunting the same uber-keys or if the money just isn't there. (shrug)

I think the money is all in Silver Age.... :P

Good! Less competition! lol

No kidding. None key Spidey issues from the mid 60's going for $3000+

Wow.

I sold my ASM #41 9.6 a couple of years ago for about $2000 and I thought that was strong. Three times that now and bidding is not even over.

i'd get rich slabbing the first 100 and selling them, but i'd be so, so sad. love them more than anything else in the hobby.

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

good deal on the Adventure I think...

I think the #40 went for relatively cheap IMO.

AF #15 is up to $122,000. I actually can't believe it.

Yah, I was expecting the Adventure to hit $7500-$8000 since it had decent eye appeal for a 1.5 Blue...

I heard the number $10K thrown around by a few potential bidders. I personally thought $10K was high but $7500 would have been a fair price.

Then at $6050 someone was thrilled...Yannis backed out...

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

I lost out on the AA 16 2.0 PLOD by just $100 :frustrated:

Brian, actually, the winner's max bid was north of $12k..would you have beat that?

Black Terror #1 ?

Yeah, It was an under copy, but I would have bought it back from myself at the hammer price.

Yeah, it isn't a Schomburg, but it ain't so bad. I be person_without_enough_empathyin' less if I could win something for cheap. Even an ugly cover.

I'm missing on bidding and loosing on selling. I bet I had one of the only 9.9 White paged ASMs that didn't even come close to GPA.

I know - whaa, whaa. :cry:

You sure you don't want my Thrilling # 42 undercopy....? It'll make you feel better. :baiting:

Seriously, I've won one SA and BA book tonight for about $230. I was also underbidder on about $15k worth of stuff. Not sure if I should be happy or sad I didn't win more? (shrug)

Wow, there were some nice deals on books tonight. I wonder if it will follow through for the rest of the week? If it does, the next Focused Auction should offer even more deals.

Jay did you win the Adventure #40?

I was going to bid on that but didn't because I didn't want to compete against another boardie...who decided he wouldn't bid.

:tonofbricks:

I didn't win the ADV 40. :cry:

I believe it had something to do with the fact that I didn't bid. hm

But: this post reminds me of the old joke:

There once was a man who wanted so badly to win the Lotto that he complained to God on a daily basis. His complaint went something like this:

"Oh, God! Why won't you let me win the Lotto? Do you hate me? I really need that money and if you were a kind God you would have me win. If you were a fair God, surely you would support me. If you were a just God, you would make sure I would have the winning numbers. Please God, let it be today."

And every day the man would watch the television or look in the newspaper to see the Lotto results. And after seeing the results, he would say, "God, Dear God, why didn't you let me win?"

And as this story goes, every day the man's routine was the same. He would come home from work, turn on the TV and look to see the Lotto results. And every day the results were the same, he did not win. And every day the man complained to God, that God must hate him because he had not given him the money that he so justly deserved

One night, after going through his ritual of watching the Lotto results, from the comfort of his recliner, this poor fellow once again begins his lament.

"Oh, God, Oh, God, Why?"

Suddenly a voice came to him pleading for help. It was large and booming and seemed to emanate from all directions at once. Thinking someone was behind him the man quickly looked behind his chair but no one was there.

"Help Me!" the voice boomed again and frightened now he jumped out of his LazyBoy and frantically looked around the room for the person who was calling for help and yet he couldn't locate the source.

Finally, the man realized the voice must be coming from heaven. Certain that his prayers had finally been heard he fell to his knees, sure that now with divine intervention all of his prayers would be answered.

Once again, the voice boomed out, reverberating through the house.

"Help Me!" the voice entreated, "Help Me! Please...Buy a ticket!"

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

Yah, I was expecting the Adventure to hit $7500-$8000 since it had decent eye appeal for a 1.5 Blue...

I heard the number $10K thrown around by a few potential bidders. I personally thought $10K was high but $7500 would have been a fair price.

I just heard from him. Had I known he wasn't bidding I probably would have.

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

Dang. Oh well. I had slight interest, but only because it's a rare DC GA Key---no other reason. Besides, I am staying on the "Tec 31 path" ;)

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

I lost out on the AA 16 2.0 PLOD by just $100 :frustrated:

Brian, actually, the winner's max bid was north of $12k..would you have beat that?

Nope.. I figured that a 3.0 with slight (A) resto. sold on Heritage for around $9500 I believe last year.

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

Wait what?? Why didn't Yannis bid? :o Or did he bid, but felt that $6k was too much?

Ad 40 for $6050

AA 16 2.5 GLOD $8895

AA 16 2.0 PLOD $9900

Wait what?? Why didn't Yannis bid? :o Or did he bid, but felt that $6k was too much?

He had too many other books tied up. But I think he would have paid stronger than $6k if he had the means...