• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink results....holy cr@p!

375 posts in this topic

I'm not feeling it hm

Schommy for sure. I'd bet....oh....around $600 on it. lol

I'd be even less sure if I had to stake money on it. Anybody else have an opinion?

The $600 wasn't a wager...it was the cost via the CC auction.

I'm not feeling it hm

Schommy for sure. I'd bet....oh....around $600 on it. lol

I'd be even less sure if I had to stake money on it. Anybody else have an opinion?

The man was an extremely diverse talent. I mean, this cover has fewer of the Schomburg signature features than the AA 2 cover, but its a Schomburg nonetheless.

004.jpg

No worries, there was nothing on my Schomburg radar that was a "must have" in this auction. I got the books I wanted earlier in the week.

Is that really a Schomburg cover? GCD says it is

That's a Schomburg girl, without question.

Personally, I don't care who drew it. It's a "green outfit" cover and I love it. It's on the want list....still I don't see the Schomburg. I see Wally Wood. Very statuesque woman, large bust/waist/hip ratio, brunette, and just a little too petite for Schomburg. His girls were never "slim limbed". Even the guy in the adjoining jail cell looks "Woodesque" to me.

I could be wrong, I don't want to knock the book, but I see Wally Wood...from the girl, to the layout, to the guy to the perspective.

2c

Wow, someone wanted that Supes #63 CGC 9.0 quite badly! Went for over 3x guide.

But I thought Henny Penny said the sky was falling (shrug)

I sold my #67 9.2 white pages last year for $4000 on Comiclink. Those are incredibly tough books to find in that sort of grade.

R.

No worries, there was nothing on my Schomburg radar that was a "must have" in this auction. I got the books I wanted earlier in the week.

Personally, I don't care who drew it. It's a "green outfit" cover and I love it. It's on the want list....still I don't see the Schomburg. I see Wally Wood. Very statuesque woman, large bust/waist/hip ratio, brunette, and just a little too petite for Schomburg. His girls were never "slim limbed". Even the guy in the adjoining jail cell looks "Woodesque" to me.

2c

If she were in the cell next to mine, you could describe me as woodesque, as well.

2c

If she were in the cell next to mine, you could describe me as woodesque, as well.

I'd be burrowing through the battleship steel.

GA Moleman prototype!

:headbang:

I also noticed that Schomburg women have their eyes slightly wider apart than this girl.

2c

Wanna sell it now?

:wishluck:

It's a popular book, and that copy is tied for highest graded.

Compared to other titles in this auction, Supes faired quite well.

2c

lol

2c

I'd be burrowing through the battleship steel.

GA Moleman prototype!

:headbang:

I also noticed that Schomburg women have their eyes slightly wider apart than this girl.

2c

Wanna sell it now?

:wishluck:

Its hard for me to look at this cover and not see the similarities with the women on an Exciting # 7 (an uncredited Schomburg cover), or Wonder 10/13 for example.

Besides, every online resource credits him with the cover.... (shrug)

Its hard for me to look at this cover and not see the similarities with the women on an Exciting # 7 (an uncredited Schomburg cover), or Wonder 10/13 for example.

Besides, every online resource credits him with the cover.... (shrug)

Could very well be. I just saw the Fantastic Story Mag in the other thread and it does have some similarities to this cover. I'd have to see some more Schomburg GGA painted covers to be sure but the Xela covers have a very different feel to them.

Even so this is a gorgeous book and IMO one of the best GGA covers out there.

It's a popular book, and that copy is tied for highest graded.

Compared to other titles in this auction, Supes faired quite well.

based on these auctions, Superman is the new Batman!

and going back to the Heritage 50K Superman's, is anyone else surprised that those guys didnt chase the cool #13 harder? Top census book.

Nope. Allan Anderson. Illustration Magazine 18 has a very nice article about him with lots of pictures of his pulp and comic cover work.