• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Check out my C-Link win.....AF15 UN-slabbed by yours truly!

71 posts in this topic

Anytime your ready to sell, please keep me in mind. I'd love to buy it off ya, considering its raw, looks like a 4.0 to me :)

:jokealert:

In all honesty. I love the fact that you broke it out of its shell. Great great book!!!

Hmm, I wonder if people actually understand the term "Readers Copy". Meaning a "Low Grade" copy used to read. Why on earth pay thousand and thousands of dollars more to read an original book? You can get the same satisfaction reading a 1.0 fair AF 15. The words are still there and the plot of the story is the same. The only thing different is the huge pile of money you save.

Hmm, I wonder if people actually understand the term "Readers Copy". Meaning a "Low Grade" copy used to read. Why on earth pay thousand and thousands of dollars more to read an original book? You can get the same satisfaction reading a 1.0 fair AF 15. The words are still there and the plot of the story is the same. The only thing different is the huge pile of money you save.

Because some people can't stand reading a worn out, beat up book that feels like it has the consistancy of a paper towel....except we never come on here and talk about it because we're mindful of people who do like to collect those.

(thumbs u

Because some people can't stand reading a worn out, beat up book that feels like it has the consistancy of a paper towel....except we never come on here and talk about it because we're mindful of people who do like to collect those.

(thumbs u

Then if you want a better book, than go to a comic convention, and get a raw one by a trusted dealer. I am sure you can find a readable book that meets you specifications for much much cheaper. I am just saying leave the slab books to slab lovers, and let the raw books be read by raw lovers.

(thumbs u

Then if you want a better book, than go to a comic convention, and get a raw one by a trusted dealer. I am sure you can find a readable book that meets you specifications for much much cheaper. I am just saying leave the slab books to slab lovers, and let the raw books be read by raw lovers.

But what happens if you can't find a raw AF #15? Those things are rarer than a $3 bill. :insane:

(thumbs u

On the other hand, habitual deslabbing of high grade SA keys helps keep CGC in business.

(thumbs u

You realize that any book can be a slab book just like any book can be a raw book?

I can't believe you'd come into some guys thread and tell him what to do with his comic after he's paid for it. Are you people for real? Would you tell him how to eat his meal or drive his car or watch his big screen TV?

I'll crack any book I want to crack and you'll love every second of it.

:P

Looks like another case of.... How I collect rocks! :headbang: How you collect sucks! :sumo:

Sounds like there's too much money involved in this hobby. That'll change during the coming depression. :P

No, it's more of a case of trying to warn somebody of potential depreciation when he tries to resell due to damaging high dollar, guaranteed 6.0 book.

If it was a case of how his collection sucks and mine rocks, I would have said "SA Marvel books suck, stick to GA" or something.

Looks like another case of.... How I collect rocks! :headbang: How you collect sucks! :sumo:

Sounds like there's too much money involved in this hobby. That'll change during the coming depression. :P

No, it's more of a case of trying to warn somebody of potential depreciation when he tries to resell due to damaging high dollar, guaranteed 6.0 book.

If it was a case of how his collection sucks and mine rocks, I would have said "SA Marvel books suck, stick to GA" or something.

So the guy has paid record highs for his SA key books, hangs out on the CGC forum, enjoys his books by carefully holding them but he doesn't know the monetary ramifications of cracking his book out?

Gents, my 9 year old son knows.

(thumbs u

You realize that any book can be a slab book just like any book can be a raw book?

I can't believe you'd come into some guys thread and tell him what to do with his comic after he's paid for it. Are you people for real? Would you tell him how to eat his meal or drive his car or watch his big screen TV?

I'll crack any book I want to crack and you'll love every second of it.

:P

I don't think anyone in this thread told him not to, we are expressing our opinion that that's not what WE'D do. We are also giving warning not to expect to resell the book at the price he paid due to potentially damaging the book. Listen, I'm not a rich guy and if I spend multiple thousands of $'s on a book...I'll be damned if I unslab it to read. But if the OP has that kinda cash and is not concerned with damaging the book and losing thousands when it comes time to resell, ok it's his book and his money.

(thumbs u

But what happens if you can't find a raw AF #15? Those things are rarer than a $3 bill. :insane:

Good points, I can`t believe how many of these so called hot collectable comic books got ruined by restoration. jeez even lots of low grade comics got restored,which tells me if you can grab a high grade unrestored one,then grab it as they are rare indeed!

I know you didn't but some of the posters make it sound like he did something wrong.

Anyhow, who cares what people think I should do with my comics. I'll rub them on my arse if that floats my goat.

R.