• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What toys did you have as a kid that you wish you still had?

146 posts in this topic

My mom threw out, gave away, and sold at yard sales all the toys I ever had as a kid. But I managed to keep every single comic, because I collected constantly until I was 18 years old.

To be fair, I never complained when she threw stuff out, and I probably helped her sell the stuff at yard sales and kept the money myself.

But I wish I had some of those toys I had from the 1975 to 1980 era.

The stuff I really wish I had kept:

1. Mego Batman & my other figures

2. Mego Batmobile

3. Mego Bat-Copter

4. Mego Batman van

5. Mego Joker van

6. miniature mego Batman exploding bridge set

7. Batman utility belt

8. talking G.I Joe

9. G.I. Joe jeep

10. two ERTL die cast metal trucks

11. metal farm toys (tractors, wagons, disc, manure spreaders, etc.)

12. hand made Batman costume my mom made for me to wear for Halloween (before you could buy such things)

There were other toys, but this is the stuff I remember the most

The ones that I really miss are the Mego toys. I had the Captain Americar and the Green Arrow car, and just about every superhero, including the Riddler with the kung fu side to side action. My brother and I also had some sweet Battlestar Gallactica vehicles, a landspeeder and a tie fighter.

I had the 12" tall Incredible Hulk action figure. I remember taking pics of him in the snow pretending he was hunting for the Abominable Snow man. My mom might still have the pics,