• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What toys did you have as a kid that you wish you still had?

146 posts in this topic

I still have my transformers. Believe it or not I have the boxes and inserts for a few of them.

But the one toy I miss the most is my Millennium Falcon. *sniff*

Don't know that I need to have them again. If I did, I'm pretty sure they could be bought but here are 2 that I remember very fondly.

Raydeen2.jpg

and

99049759_19e8dbcbbf.jpg

six-million-dollar-man-figure.jpg

I used to have one.

Peel up skin

Look thought the eye

I had one too.

I have a very clear memory of opening it up on Christmas morning and being completely disappointed because I never asked for it and didn't want it. lol Still feel kinda guilty about that.

5. Mego Joker van

Wow, they used it for the cover of the GREATEST MEGO TOYS book. But why would you pur Robin on the cover ?????

I so wish I still had my original one. I could buy one on ebay but it just wouldn't be the same :(

mego_book.jpg

Is that a GI Joe command vehicle? (worship)

Yep. Definitely my favorite toy as a kid along with my talking G.I. Joe.

Talking Joe :cloud9:

I didn't have many GI Joe toys, and I never read his comics, but I loved that talking Joe

I wanted a Green Machine but never got one. :(
\

I had one of these....they were totally cool!!!!

Also had one of these:

kenner_stretch_armstrong.jpg

\

Also had one of these:

Stretch Armstrong was awesome. Well....until he expoded in my toy drawer. :tonofbricks:

The Green Machine ' ruled. I went through 2 of them.

I remember seeing an adult Green Machine in Maxim a few years back. It had rubber wheels though. What good is it if you can't slide out? :screwy:

My original Hot Wheels Snake versus Mongoose Drag Race set from 1969, The Whip and his car which was a Sears Exclusive (Big Jim's P.A.C.K. character),my old Sons of Liberty Marx playset. My old Aurora models (Frankenstein's Monster, Phantom of the Opera, Mummy) my Pirates model...the one with "ZAP ACTION"!

I was able to locate a couple of my old favorites...a Barnabas Collins Dark Shadows game, and an unbuilt MIB original verson of the Tom Daniel kit "Rommel's Rod". Have my eye on one of my wishes from the above list. Hope I can get it.

I found my Hulk Rage Cage from the Funstuf 70's. The one where you pump him up and he busts out of his shirt and cage. But the front of the box has a huge rip. Still looking for a better box.

\

Also had one of these:

Stretch Armstrong was awesome. Well....until he expoded in my toy drawer. :tonofbricks:

The Green Machine ' ruled. I went through 2 of them.

I remember seeing an adult Green Machine in Maxim a few years back. It had rubber wheels though. What good is it if you can't slide out? :screwy:

I loved Stretch Armstrong too.....I also had his nemesis Stretch Monster. I kept them in their styrofoam boxes (Those of you who had them know what i am talking about), and I remember the day I opened them up to find them flat as a pancake and the pancake syrup leaked into the foam recessed area. That was devastating for a kid to see.

Well I was a product of the 80's. And was huge into He-man and the Masters of the Universe. I still get that overwhelming joy of excitment when I reminisce of me running down the stairs on Christmas morning in my pj's full throttle, sliding passed corners to see the Christmas tree. And seeing He-man playsets with stunning Earl Norem art such as Snake Mountain and the Frightzone :cloud9: . Luckily enough I still have all my figures and most vehicles, but had to get rid of the playsets as we moved around.

Castle Greyskull art:

2121115514fc71d10ff3z.jpg

Frightzone Art:

frightzoneart.jpg

- bounty