• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What toys did you have as a kid that you wish you still had?

146 posts in this topic

1. My Evel Kinevil motorcycle with winding up ramp thing.

2. My SST cars.

3. Maskatron Figure (From Six Million Dollar Man)

4. My Karate Guy who's arm you could ratchet back and he would do a chop.

5. GI Joe with Kung Fu Grip

I never got much as a kid, but I remember always wanting Storm Shadow from the 3/34" GI Joe (ARAH) series. Well, I finally get one, and a week later this little piece of chit in my class named Jason snatches it from my hands and throws it up onto the roof of the school. I start climbing the chain link fence right next to the building and attempt to jump over to the top window cill, and right before what would have inevitably been my death, I hear my teacher barking and decide to climb back down. My mother gets called, I get a 2-day suspension, and my mother, in what I assume was her way of teaching me irony, beats me with her shoe for putting myself in a situation where I might get hurt. Good times.

Well, I now own 3 "minty" Storm Shadows, which aren't easy to find in such nice condition, yet the nightmares of that traumatic afternoon won't go away.

colby2406.jpg

Yes, the Navarone set is amazing. Best present I ever got and I still have mine. Don't think my box was that pink though.

The toy I wish I still had would be the ones that were destroyed, not sold. So for me that's probably my Mego Batman and Aquaman. I think only Batman's head remains, w/cowl.

I want one of these again.........BAD!

Coleco/Cadaco table sports games. You can still find these games on E-Bay

Bas-Ket

bas-ket-game.jpg

Still have my Bas-Ket game in my parents closet. My brother and I played the heck out of that thing and it looks like it. What a great game that was.

We also used to go through a lot of Virty-Bird helicopters as kids.

We would have two of them going at once next to each other, and crash them together so the propellers would fly off. Not the safest thing to do, but a ton of fun. :)

I never got much as a kid, but I remember always wanting Storm Shadow from the 3/34" GI Joe (ARAH) series. Well, I finally get one, and a week later this little piece of chit in my class named Jason snatches it from my hands and throws it up onto the roof of the school. I start climbing the chain link fence right next to the building and attempt to jump over to the top window cill, and right before what would have inevitably been my death, I hear my teacher barking and decide to climb back down. My mother gets called, I get a 2-day suspension, and my mother, in what I assume was her way of teaching me irony, beats me with her shoe for putting myself in a situation where I might get hurt. Good times.

Well, I now own 3 "minty" Storm Shadows, which aren't easy to find in such nice condition, yet the nightmares of that traumatic afternoon won't go away.

colby2406.jpg

Nice figure! Hard to find those that havn't yellowed somehow or don't have a broken bow. You have the proper bow to which is hard to get with the thin bow string. People are alway pawning off funschool or not the original weapons with these guys.

None really - I still had most of my old toys boxed up, and I found I had absolutely no attachment to any of them as an adult. Been there, done that, and moved on.

I've said this before, but I truly believe that if my parents had never left those two stacks of comics at the campgrounds, that I doubt I'd be a collector today.

None really - I still had most of my old toys boxed up, and I found I had absolutely no attachment to any of them as an adult. Been there, done that, and moved on.

I've said this before, but I truly believe that if my parents had never left those two stacks of comics at the campgrounds, that I doubt I'd be a collector today.

Did they leave you behind as well, used the comics as bait as they burned out in the station wagon?:baiting:lol Ah I only kidde. :kidaround: