• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Siamese pages

17 posts in this topic

I picked up a very nice Golden Age book recently. I'd say it grades about 9.0-9.2, but it has a siamese page defect inside. Two pages are still connected at about 1/3 of the length of the top edge. The rest of the edge is trimmed normally.

How does CGC deal with this defect?

Leave it alone? Split it? (would it be considered 'trimmed' or 'qualified' if it was split?)

Might be able to get a photo up later if that helps..

Don't tear them apart. I have a book that CGC HAMMERED for having siamese pages that were separated with some paper loss. I would imagine if you cut it then it would be considered trimmed.

Unbroken Siamese Twins.....

I agree Leave em be....

buy a reader copy

I was able to read it.. but it was a little tricky. :thumbsup:

As per everyone's good advice, the pages are staying as-is. Thanks.

I just saw this post Micheal, I would also recommend to leave the extra material be. It shows a unique production error about how our funny books were originally made that we normally never get to see.

You got a keeper!

siam.jpg

CGC ignores any defect that smells of production error. Don't touch the siamese pages in any way and you'll be fine! :grin:

OMFG! A Church/Cage 9.6 oww New Adventure #31! Talk about your perfect storm (I actually like the Cage annotation on books too) (worship)

Thought I'd give this thread a little :bump: with a new book I just got graded:

Raphael #1 2nd print w/ 2 siamese pages:

Raphael12ndPrint96.jpg

Picked up this ASM #28 recently with Siamese pages of the first 2 inner wraps (only the first one is pictured). Since this is a production issue, will this get a qualified label or a universal label? It's hard to believe the book was left in its original condition and no one ever made the effort to separate them through all these years.

tO2xGwO.jpg

I just saw this post Micheal, I would also recommend to leave the extra material be. It shows a unique production error about how our funny books were originally made that we normally never get to see.

You got a keeper!

Definitely agree here! I have owned a number of pre-codes with this "defect" over the years and it is far and away my favorite. I have actually selected copies WITH the "Siamese Pages" over copies that didn't have them. Not only were they cheaper but I got what I consider the coolest printing/binding error of them all.

So I'm guessing a comic I bought that has "pulled apart" siamese pages is going to be absolutely hammered if I were to send it to CGC. I'd say the 1st 8 wraps were all connected originally and then roughly pulled apart. Everything is still present, but it really looks rough.

A high grade ASM 28 with siamese pages...probably the only one on the planet.

Hard enough finding a HG ASM 28.

It's probably about a 7.0-8.0; considering getting it pressed and graded. I picked this up from Metropolis at the Chicago Wizard Con last year. It was so unique, I just had to have it.