• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Avengers #93 in CGC 9.6 sold for $6,889.00---- gasp!!!

42 posts in this topic

I saw the sale on Comic link under their record sales prices. Early Marvel 52 pagers are on fire it appears!(smile). Imagine what an Avengers #93 in CGC 9.8 could go for? Or how about a Hulk #145 in CGC 9.8 with that impossible BLACK cover it has on it folks. What could that book go for?(smile).

Avengers #93 is a tough book for many reasons...Kree Skrull war is hot, tough brown cover etc etc. Surrounding books are not as big.

R.

Avengers #93 is a tough book for many reasons...Kree Skrull war is hot, tough brown cover etc etc. Surrounding books are not as big.

R.

It's not $7K worth of tough :sumo:

That was a ridiculous price and I hope whoever bought it does not plan to EVER sell it. Should be a $1K book, not $7K.

R.

That was a ridiculous price and I hope whoever bought it does not plan to EVER sell it. Should be a $1K book, not $7K.

I concur hm

R.

I concur hm

I don't know about a $1K book....I've seen dealers buy raw 9.0 copies for $200-300 but I do agree that it is overpriced at $7000. It's still way tougher than surrounding books to find in nice shape.

R.

it should come with a hummer (not the car) and a crack pipe for 7k :insane:

I agree that it should be a 1k book. maybe 1500.

I.e. a price in line with being a gorgeous copy of a very cool but incredibly common book.

I think all kinds of books are totally out of whack on the high grades, but whatever. If you ask me high grade is not a good investment anymore at today's prices. :tonofbricks: .5 is the new 10! :insane:

it should come with a hummer (not the car) and a crack pipe for 7k :insane:

In my best Seinfeld voice: "Does anyone who paid $7K for this book really need another crack pipe?"

hahah, good point. :) My thought was that the buyer is clearly a crack-smoker so the pipe would come in handy, but that's a strong argument you make there!

R.

I concur hm

I don't know about a $1K book....I've seen dealers buy raw 9.0 copies for $200-300 but I do agree that it is overpriced at $7000. It's still way tougher than surrounding books to find in nice shape.

R.

That book was selling for $1200 less than 3 years ago. There were fewer 9.6 copies in the census at the time. It should still be selling for $1200 IMO. It's a cool book, but it is a bronze age book and plenty more will surface in 9.6, not to mention that it is not a key. As for toughest to find, I think 94 is actually tougher to get in uber high grade. I routinely see more 93s than I do 94s in 9.4+ and just try finding a white paged 97 that is not miswrapped in 9.4+.

R.

$1K is too little and granted $7k is too much. It is a tough book and a very pretty one at that. A more realistic price would be just shy of $2k.

If dealers are paying $300 for a 9.0 that makes a 9.2 worth $600, 9.4 $1200 and a 9.6 somewhere in the $3000 based on the way things used to work in the BA. Last GPA has this book at $3500 which is strong but fair IMO for a tough, hot Bronze semi key in highest graded 9.6.

R.

I don't know about dealers paying $300 for raw 9.0s but I do know I picked up a couple from dealers in raw 9.0 for less then $300. Hell, I picked up my now slabbed 9.2 for $225 raw.

I bought a CGC 9.0 off the B/S/T a few months ago for $250......I could see a 9.6 being a 2k book....but that's about the limit of my imagination on what would be fair but hey.....it's not my money being spent (thumbs u

In the past 2 months?

:gossip: It's possible. I bought this for just under $100; it's currently at CGC, and I think it's a 9.2 with a shot at 9.4.

sub01.jpg

good luck, but if this were the grading contest I put in a 9.0 and hope to nail it or be one grade off.