• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pre-Screens

40 posts in this topic

I posted this in the wrong forum, but got away without any :baiting:

So here is my question.

I am setting up to do my first pre-screen this month. I will be submitting 50 books from bronze to modern. I am only accepting 9.8's as well. Out of my on site submisions to date I have a 100% success rate.

I was wondering what others have had for results on HG pre-screens. I have always judged a 9.8 as a flawless book, so think I am doing well in my grading. But wanted to hear others stories of success and failure. Things they missed or didnt think the books we be down graded for. What percentage on average makes it through, etc.

Thank you for any answers in advance. I am inerested to hear others stories on this topic.

So here is my question.

I am setting up to do my first pre-screen this month. I will be submitting 50 books from bronze to modern. I am only accepting 9.8's as well. Out of my on site submisions to date I have a 100% success rate.

I was wondering what others have had for results on HG pre-screens. I have always judged a 9.8 as a flawless book, so think I am doing well in my grading. But wanted to hear others stories of success and failure. Things they missed or didnt think the books we be down graded for. What percentage on average makes it through, etc.

Thank you for any answers in advance. I am inerested to hear others stories on this topic.

This is going to sound stupid, but the best thing you can do is look at your books before you send them in. You'd be surprised how many people don't do that simple step.

I had a pre-screen at one NYCCC for 9.4, one book came back that didn't make the cut was a key. I was going to grade it anyway, so i sent it in by mail straight to CGC. The same book came back a 9.6, so you never know.

So here is my question.

This is going to sound stupid, but the best thing you can do is look at your books before you send them in. You'd be surprised how many people don't do that simple step.

All books so far are hand picked. No creases, no indentations, color rub from stacking, etc.. I basically look at books that I would consider a perfect book as acceptable to submit. So if it looks like a 10.0 it is probably a 9.8, dont want to submit close calls. I will save those for a 9.6 submission.

I often have wondered how many times you guys get stuck pre-screening junk for 9.8's.

So here is my question.

lol^^

I had a pre-screen at one NYCCC for 9.4, one book came back that didn't make the cut was a key. I was going to grade it anyway, so i sent it in by mail straight to CGC. The same book came back a 9.6, so you never know.
What were the era of books? SA, MA?

Once, and that was an expensive bill from CGC :eek:
I have a feeling it is going to be. But 50 books at $15.00 is better then all SA books, well at least the bill. I would hope to see at least 40 books make the cut.

50 x $29 /per book

46 made the cut :tonofbricks:

Once, and that was an expensive bill from CGC :eek:
I have a feeling it is going to be. But 50 books at $15.00 is better then all SA books, well at least the bill. I would hope to see at least 40 books make the cut.

50 x $29 /per book

46 made the cut :tonofbricks:

WOW!! :eek:

Guess the wallet was a bit lighter for awhile. There is no discount for that tier ?

Not to my knowledge.

Pre-screens are either $29 per book pre 75 or $15 per book post 75.

I wish they would set up pre-screens for value tiers :wishluck: