• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is eBay seller "comicmylars" a member here?

24 posts in this topic

Here's the owner of the Stan Lee "sketch" big spider on the ASM 129.

Man, I hate what Stan Lee did to that book. Someone said it best once on here - "If he had done that to my book, the next signature mark wouldn't be black ink."

We've discussed Charlie Shieh before when I started the other thread.

He is supposedly someone that inherited a lot of money, smartly invested in key books (and continues to do so), but hardly budges an inch off his asking price. So even though he has Best Offer listed, count on this means a very small amount off the Buy Now price.

But wow does he have some killer books. I found out he was the person that won the Albedo 2 CGC 9.2 at the Dec '08 ComicLink auction for $700, then posted on his site for $1,500. I never knew CL was a wholesaler. lol

Good luck if you are going after a book with Charlie.

We've discussed Charlie Shieh before when I started the other thread.

He is supposedly someone that inherited a lot of money, smartly invested in key books (and continues to do so), but hardly budges an inch off his asking price. So even though he has Best Offer listed, count on this means a very small amount off the Buy Now price.

But wow does he have some killer books. I found out he was the person that won the Albedo 2 CGC 9.2 at the Dec '08 ComicLink auction for $700, then posted on his site for $1,500. I never knew CL was a wholesaler. lol

Good luck if you are going after a book with Charlie.

With him, you're better off bringing a loaded gun to the negotiating table...

If he ever sells that ASM #129 for a realistic price, I'd be tempted to buy it, just because it's so infamous.

I have not even been a board member for that long but, seriously, I remember when that 129 was being talked about months ago.. it was just sad.. but.. at the same time.. how many Stan lee, "sketches" are out there. There should be a thread on .. "Maaaan ..this XXXXXX writer/Artist, totally ruined my comic", someone has to have had done it.. owners...fess up!! There is more than one, wet hands, dirty hands, slurred hand, a slip.. c'mon..show some f up comics, the cockroach one is just an appetizer!

Like the subject line says. Anybody know this person or had any dealings with them in the past?

All my potential dealings with comicmylars have been thwarted by that individual's staunch refusal to live on planet earth. Comicmylars makes mbhighlander look like a pushover . . .

Seanfingh.. a lil hard.. on the fellow aren't we? Remember..it's about collecting..and discussing good stuff out there.. focus..

I have wanted to collect several of the books that comicmylars has. But he wants to "corner the market" on certain books and then price them at 3x-50x market and sit back until the market catches up to his fantasy world. He has the absolute right to do so. Just like I have the absolute right to think that he is a glue-huffing maniac.

Seanfingh.. a lil hard.. on the fellow aren't we? Remember..it's about collecting..and discussing good stuff out there.. focus..

I have wanted to collect several of the books that comicmylars has. But he wants to "corner the market" on certain books and then price them at 3x-50x market and sit back until the market catches up to his fantasy world. He has the absolute right to do so. Just like I have the absolute right to think that he is a glue-huffing maniac.

The difference being that you would be correct :golfclap:

Exactly! Any of the Albedo 2 CGC's that had white pages and were 9.2 or greater he has gone after and won. There were two 9.6's for sale fives months ago that I was saving for at least one. It wasn't too long after I found out he bought them both, posted them on the site, and jacked the prices up by $500.

Charlie is a tough character to even consider negotiating with as there is no negotiation. You either pay his price, or hit the road. But when he wants your books from eBay, the bugger looks you up and calls at odd hours thinking that is okay. When he woke my kids up I went threw the roof.

Unfortunately, in this case, NO, Sean is dead-on. Check his eBay store and you will see his smart methodology, but it gets annoying. If you look up Hulk 181 or House of Secrets 92, he'll have three or four copies listed, but prices way above guide/GPA/reality.

How does that make things worse? I've had other sellers see his books and then they come on and price to his level and point to his thread as "look what these books are selling for." Problem - they DON'T sell.

Exactly! Any of the Albedo 2 CGC's that had white pages and were 9.2 or greater he has gone after and won. There were two 9.6's for sale fives months ago that I was saving for at least one. It wasn't too long after I found out he bought them both, posted them on the site, and jacked the prices up by $500.

Charlie is a tough character to even consider negotiating with as there is no negotiation. You either pay his price, or hit the road. But when he wants your books from eBay, the bugger looks you up and calls at odd hours thinking that is okay. When he woke my kids up I went threw the roof.

You mean this chumpalicious person has your phone number and I can't even get the digits?! Bosco!! :o

You mean this chumpalicious person has your phone number and I can't even get the digits?! Bosco!! :o

lol

Hey, wasn't it good enough I got Congress to put your picture on the new $3 bill?

lebowski_3dollar.jpg

No, seriously, he knows how to use eBay very effectively. You just send in a request for contact info about a transaction and you get someone's phone number and email. Problem is, we never had a transaction and he was able to do that.