• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Congrats to my wife!

35 posts in this topic

A lot of folks would suggest that my wife deserves a medal just for putting up with me for the last fifteen years... but that's not the reason for this post. tongue.gif

The primary reason for the trip to Vancouver last month was not to paw through greggy's sweet, sweet DC's, or to have sushi with greggy, bronty and odin, or even to visit a quality asian massage parlour. 893naughty-thumb.gif

It was so that my wife could sit for her exam to receive the designation "CFRE" (Certified Fund-Raising Executive) after her name. Well she got her results back today and I am happy and proud to say that she passed with flying colors. 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

From what I understand, she will be one of the youngest people to ever receive the designation, most philanthropy professionals do not even attempt the certification process until they are in their 50s. So what does the designation mean? Prior to receiving it, she was a logical candidate to run a $5 million capital campaign to build a new wing on a museum, or run a special event that raises $300K in one night for charity. Now, she is seen as qualified to run a $50 million capital campaign to build a Cancer Treatment Center at a hospital, or run an event that raises $2M in a single evening. She's had those skills for a while, but like a lot of professions, the letters after your name do matter.

Thanks to everyone who wished her luck after my Vancouver report! Now I need to go make reservations for dinner. smile.gif

Now I need to go make reservations for dinner. smile.gif

...and plan your retirement..? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've already retired once... smile.gif

Retired from my previous job and pulled out all my 401K money... in September 1999... Even with the 30% penalty that didn't turn out so bad... smile.gif

Next time I come to Vancouver, you'll be the main reason... flowerred.gif
BTW....what do you mean with flying colours? What was the minimum pass mark?

I guess you will tell your employees to start working on the lap dances because you are hitting the road again! frown.gif

Now, she is seen as qualified to run a $50 million capital campaign to build a Cancer Treatment Center at a hospital, or run an event that raises $2M in a single evening.

Can't wait to see the pics of the soon-to-be renovated "Brick and Mortar" shop (completion date: Jan. '05). Complete with stripper poles and "Champagne Room" 893whatthe.gif

Seriously though, congrats to Mrs. House! Have a great time this evening! 893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif

Chris

Minimum passing was 145. Average score for the people who took the test this year was 147. She got 185. smile.gif

Minimum passing was 145. Average score for the people who took the test this year was 147. She got 185. smile.gif

shocked.gifshocked.gif

From what I understand, she will be one of the youngest people to ever receive the designation, most philanthropy professionals do not even attempt the certification process until they are in their 50s.

So what your saying is she's half your age. Way to go buddy! thumbsup2.gif

What this also means is she's obviously only with you for a "meal ticket" until she got this certification so she'll be leaving any day now. But you should be happy she put up with you as long as she did. Good for her! 893applaud-thumb.gif

What this also means is she's obviously only with you for a "meal ticket" until she got this certification so she'll be leaving any day now. But you should be happy she put up with you as long as she did. Good for her! 893applaud-thumb.gif

We've both had several chances to "trade up" over the years. But there's been no one we would rather sit and talk with, and when it comes down to it, that's the most important thing. We're as happy chatting over dinner now as we will be sitting on the porch chatting about the weather when we're old and gray. Plus, she knows it would take forever to train a new husband, why waste the effort she's already put into me? tongue.gif