• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you could change one thing about CGC what would it be?

176 posts in this topic

I would allow only one Danny to be a witness
I agree. But one that will actually get my books signed. My vote for witness would be to clone FFComics :baiting::jokealert:

Speed up the turnaround times. NYCC was almost 2 months ago.. I want my books :cry:

All my customers books were graded already... most have them back.

PS: I'd be happy to do your books :baiting: No DCs though :P

The pricing. It's just too damn high.

Honestly? I think we get off easy. For the service they offer, it's well worth it.

Graders' notes on line for all to view.

(worship)

Let me repeat it for posterity.

QFT. They're obviously already in a database somewhere, how much trouble could it be to put them up? Plus, they won't have to utilize a real person's time every time, like now when someone calls for notes. The money saved from that more than offsets any bandwidth costs. Also, it's not like we're dealing with privacy issues, such as medical records. I for one couldn't care less who sees the grader's notes on my books, but I'm sure there are some anal retentive types who might.

QFT. They're obviously already in a database somewhere, how much trouble could it be to put them up? Plus, they won't have to utilize a real person's time every time, like now when someone calls for notes. The money saved from that more than offsets any bandwidth costs. Also, it's not like we're dealing with privacy issues, such as medical records. I for one couldn't care less who sees the grader's notes on my books, but I'm sure there are some anal retentive types who might.

You can still get anyone's notes for a book. The problem now is that the notes are only available for working hours while arguable most working people do most of their purchases on weekends. It would be a huge notch in CGC's belt if they could provide the average Joe with this service.

I also cannot figure out why they wouldn't do it. They have nothing to lose and much to gain.

R.

I also cannot figure out why they wouldn't do it. They have nothing to lose and much to gain.

R.

They have to pay an extra salary.... What do they have to gain? :shrug:

Speed up the turnaround times. NYCC was almost 2 months ago.. I want my books :cry:

^^

What good does them claiming to be "on-time" do when it takes them 3 weeks to encapsulate & ship your books after they've been graded?

I would allow only one Danny to be a witness
I agree. But one that will actually get my books signed. My vote for witness would be to clone FFComics :baiting::jokealert:

All my customers books were graded already... most have them back.

PS: I'd be happy to do your books :baiting: No DCs though :P

That sux :mad: Last time I submitted at a convention I was last to get my books back too.

I tried to get you to take me to get my Hulk 180 signed but you were busy. The other two were DC's though...

^^

What good does them claiming to be "on-time" do when it takes them 3 weeks to encapsulate & ship your books after they've been graded?

I havent called about my books. I figure if I dont bother them they will be happier. I am feeling I am wrong though..

R.

They have to pay an extra salary.... What do they have to gain? :shrug:

How much do you think they pay someone to answer the phone, field the call, look up the serial number, take 2-5 minutes of a grader's time for a book (I may call for more than one book sometimes), rinse repeat for every book.

That all costs money, breaks their work flow and slows down CGC's internal metabolism.

Pay some data entry guy a few bucks and hour, spend a few 10's of 1000's of $$, get it online and you have now offered a viable and important service to your client base.

Heck, charge me for it. I'll pay!

Really it's a no brainer to me. It just makes CGC that much more valuable.

^^

I havent called about my books. I figure if I dont bother them they will be happier. I am feeling I am wrong though..

I called them because the status of my submission on the collector's society website seemed to be stuck on "scheduled for grading" - turned out they had graded the books a week earlier. That was a couple of weeks ago - still says "scheduled for grading" on the website, and last I heard, if I'm lucky my books might be sent out end of next week :P