• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WTF is going on with the FS forum

302 posts in this topic

It has been discussed in the general discussion thread in forum slaes. And most generally agree. If you have a thread with BA-CA $1-10.00 books and start another to sell A few HG GA slabs, it makes sense. But if the books can be grouped together, like if you had the cheap books with a few slabs of the same eras you should group.

But here's a problem: there are Copper Age books that sell for more than $100 and there are some Silver Age that sell for less than $10. And I think we do have a number of sellers who offer a variety of different ages. The reason people want to sell books in separate threads has less to do with the age of the books as it does the value. So, instead of splitting up books my age, perhaps it would be best to divide the seller's marketplace like this:

1. Dollar Bin--for books selling for $5 or less

2. Everything in between

3. High-End Book--for books priced $100 or more

This way, people can post a thread that is dedicated solely to their higher end books w/o mixing it in with the drek.

And I DO think it might helpful to have a couple Marketplace Moderators put in place to help ease some of the friction taking place. The mods have plenty of other threads to worry about, and if we add more subforums to the marketplace, this might help ensure things run (relatively) smoothly.

:shrug:

It has been discussed in the general discussion thread in forum slaes. And most generally agree. If you have a thread with BA-CA $1-10.00 books and start another to sell A few HG GA slabs, it makes sense. But if the books can be grouped together, like if you had the cheap books with a few slabs of the same eras you should group.

But here's a problem: there are Copper Age books that sell for more than $100 and there are some Silver Age that sell for less than $10. And I think we do have a number of sellers who offer a variety of different ages. The reason people want to sell books in separate threads has less to do with the age of the books as it does the value. So, instead of splitting up books my age, perhaps it would be best to divide the seller's marketplace like this:

1. Dollar Bin--for books selling for $5 or less

2. Everything in between

3. High-End Book--for books priced $100 or more

This way, people can post a thread that is dedicated solely to their higher end books w/o mixing it in with the drek.

And I DO think it might helpful to have a couple Marketplace Moderators put in place to help ease some of the friction taking place. The mods have plenty of other threads to worry about, and if we add more subforums to the marketplace, this might help ensure things run (relatively) smoothly.

:shrug:

I agreed with this the first time I heard it brought up. But I dont think anyone wants to do the job.

The time has likely arrived to have 5 seperate Forum Selling areas (Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Moderns) which would better accomodate everyone.

I happen to think that's a GREAT idea. (worship)

I concur (thumbs u

:banana:

well, I'm used to selling in the VCC more than the regular sales thread. I'd rather have one thread that I can edit at will, but it seem that it's what, 48 hours before it's un-editable. If I could keep one thread that I could change the title of the highlight stuff that would be ideal. Maybe have an announcements thread like in the VCC to let people know what's new. That you could post to at will and not muck up the actual sales thread.

WeirdPaper and I co-own 2 collections, so we divy the posting up depending on what's at each others house. I've made multiple threads, but not ones that were running concurrently. I've linked to the old ones in the active one, rather than bump an old one, is that kosher?

Well, I think having more than 1 person on the job will help. 2c
I agree. I also like the idea of multiple sub forums for sales.

Yep, as I mentioned on page two I think its time for some sort of sub forums in which I also stated they should bring in the SS sales section at this time that the mods polled us on awhile back. Also think they should bring the OA art sales section down if they where to revamp because it was awhile till I even knew that sales section was there.

The time has likely arrived to have 5 seperate Forum Selling areas (Golden Age, Silver, Bronze, Copper, Moderns) which would better accomodate everyone.

I concur (thumbs u

Me too...and I've suggested it many times, like here. The idea has always been pooh-poo'ed by a few posts (aka "the vocal minority") and ends up going nowhere though... :screwy:

I'd probably break it down to 3 categories:

Gold, Silver/Bronze, Copper/Moderns.

As for the complaints with the marketplace forum, I've had good success selling in the forums. So I'm not sure I have any real grounds to complain about anything.

I'd probably break it down to 3 categories:

Gold, Silver/Bronze, Copper/Moderns.

As for the complaints with the marketplace forum, I've had good success selling in the forums. So I'm not sure I have any real grounds to complain about anything.

Even better!

And a forth for everything else; Guides - Supplies - Posters - Clocks lol - Home made OA - etc....

I concur (thumbs u

Me too...and I've suggested it many times, like here. The idea has always been pooh-poo'ed by a few posts (aka "the vocal minority") and ends up going nowhere though... :screwy:

^^

Now make it so!

Sub forums would be great. All you really need are a separate Gold,Silver and Bronze/Modern where sales go that are primarily of the forum type with no need for strict rules that every book was of that age.

Then the main forum could be for anything else (mags, misc) and if people have more than one sales thread it is one per forum