• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POST your 5 favorite pieces of art!

59 posts in this topic

Wow, that was unexpected, but really cool that you would pick selections from my collection! I'd have to agree with some of your picks, especially the Wrightson Frankenstein and the Buscema Vision splash. Not only do they represent each artist at the peak of artistic prowess, but as original art goes, they are pretty much irreplaceable. Thanks again for the honor! (regarding the Lee Xmen piece, ao contraire. I've been carrying that guy for years!)

Scott Williams

After pulling out my portfolio I changed my mind. :blush: I would replace my Romita SR piece with this Mayhew cover. This really is a piece that looks so much more amazing in person.

b71f0v8a.jpg

As my collection stands now I will go a head and name the 5th piece after viewing them.

mancover.jpg

That is hard. I'm not even sure about this. I like what happened with Scott's gallery. I think it would be A LOT easier to pick out my favorites in other people's galleries. Here is a shot at mine, but I really am having trouble. I have two or three that I could easily switch out if I had to

GalleryPiece.asp?Page=1&Order=Date&Piece=141488&GSub=35785&GCat=0&UCat=0

GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=141491&GSub=21608GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=283418&GSub=35784GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=322609&GSub=54359GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=433386&GSub=68001

Okay I think I figured it out

Dave McKean Black Orchid #1 cover Black%20Orchid%201.jpg

Josh Middleton Serenity #3 Cover

Serenity1.JPG

Punisher #5 cover by Klaus Janson

punisher5cover.jpg

Legends #3 cover by John Byrne (First Suicide Squad)

legends-3.jpg

Alex Ross Astro City Promo House Ad art

astrocityad.JPG

Really hard to leave out a couple others though... First Herobear page, Green Arrow 137 cover, First new Batgirl page by Alex Maleev... and others... This is hard.

We can't hot link jpegs from comic art fans anymore.

We either have to save the pic to a site like photobucket if we want to show it here, or just post a link to the piece and we all have to click through.

C

We can't hot link jpegs from comic art fans anymore.

We either have to save the pic to a site like photobucket if we want to show it here, or just post a link to the piece and we all have to click through.

C

That's weird...It shows up fine when I preview it. :(

Here's a link (tried to image link from photobucket and it doesn't work either).

Bullets Commission

I'll break the rules a little and go with 6.

Dracula arrives

31.jpg

Dracula transformation page

32.jpg

Wayne Manor destroyed

63.jpg

Dracula draining Commission Gordon

71.jpg

Batman - Dracula battle page

75.jpg

Dracula dies on the stake

85.jpg

Not a big Wrightson Frankenstein plate person (big fan of Wrightson though), but this is probably the best one I have seen.

wrightsonfrankenstein.jpg

The Wrightson plates IMO transcend the medium, they are not comic art, they are just great art period. :cloud9: (thumbs u

Choosing a top 5 list in anything can be tough and OA is no exception. It ends up changing so often. Though this is my current top 5 favorite piece of art.

Uncanny X-Men #153 page 2-3 by Dave Cokrum and Joe Rubenstein. From on of my favorite stories "Kitty's Fairy Tale"

Uncanny_xmen_153_2_3.jpg

Silver Surfer #10 by John Buscema and Dan Adkins. Loved the original series growing up.

silver_surfer10_1.jpg

X-Men #8 by Jack Kirky and Chic Stone, My first X-Men comic I read.

uncanxmen8_3.jpg

X-Men #30 by Andy Kubert and Matt Ryan, Wedding of Jean and Scott

xmen30cvr.jpg

Flash Gordon #5 cover by Al Avison. Great golden age cover with all the main characters

flahgordon5_cvr.jpg

You have chosen well Brian.

They are all spectacular, memorable and great examples of the artist and era.

C

Great 5 pieces, Rhino!!! (worship)

How's the house situation?

Thanks for asking -- we're back in (moved back into the hose in October) and things are pretty much back to normal. We're still replacing some seasonal things here and there. It's odd because it seems like we've replaced everything and then we'll be looking for something, saying "Hey, where's the.... oh yeah, it burned up. Gotta add that to the list!"

Thanks for asking -- we're back in (moved back into the hose in October) and things are pretty much back to normal. We're still replacing some seasonal things here and there. It's odd because it seems like we've replaced everything and then we'll be looking for something, saying "Hey, where's the.... oh yeah, it burned up. Gotta add that to the list!"

Glad to hear you're back in.

I should probably do an updated video of my belongings "just in case."