• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comics Lib for iPhone

7 posts in this topic

Does anyone have this app? I downloaded comics lib thinking it would be a great way to take a database of my collection in my pocket, but I can't get it to work. Does anyone else have it? Does it work for you? Are there better apps out there that I haven't found?

Thanks!

I dunno... but I'm looking at it right now. Would love to know if others find it useful as this is something I'd really be interested in checking out.

As is, I currently have my Excel database loaded onto Scribd.com, and I load that page up when I want to examine my collection. THAT and I also have a copy of my wishlist in Word which I've also uploaded to Scribd for the same purposes.

Edit: I just read all of the reviews for the App and no one particularly cared for it, so my guess is that it's probably just as well to steer clear from it for now until 1. it's freeware or 2. it matures a little more in later incarnations.

I copied pics of all my slabs on to my iTouch right through my iTunes library. Actually my friend came over and did it for me because I just got it and still don't know what I'm doing.

This will come in handy at shows, so I don't buy any books in a lower grade than I already have...which I've done once. :blush:

Yeah, I know...why not bring a spreadsheet printout? I can't because I haven't finished listing my books. It's only been about a year since I decided to do it, but my motto is:

Why put off until tomorrow, what you can put off indefinitely?

I dunno... but I'm looking at it right now. Would love to know if others find it useful as this is something I'd really be interested in checking out.

As is, I currently have my Excel database loaded onto Scribd.com, and I load that page up when I want to examine my collection. THAT and I also have a copy of my wishlist in Word which I've also uploaded to Scribd for the same purposes.

Edit: I just read all of the reviews for the App and no one particularly cared for it, so my guess is that it's probably just as well to steer clear from it for now until 1. it's freeware or 2. it matures a little more in later incarnations.

Well, I'd love to give a review, but it's simply impossible for me to get any feature in the app working. To do the "database" feature I have to access an outside site that constantly displays as a page not found. I was wondering if I was doing this correctly, in which case this app is a steaming turd, if not, I'd love to know what I'm doing wrong so I can give it a whirl.

I considered it, but the substance of the reviews seemed legitimately negative. It's true that people are way more likely to complain than they are to praise, so you have to accept that most people who are inspired to review a product do so out of frustration. That being said, the content of the reviews tells me to steer clear.

Comicbook Price Guide has an iPhone page that works very well. I have no idea how much stock people put in CPG, but as someone with fairly limited knowledge of comic pricing I find it way more convenient than lugging an OSPG around.