• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ROM: Greatest of the Spaceknights!

49 posts in this topic

With my foray into Golden Age comics getting even more hectic and draining away my money my mind has been wandering back to my sentimental golden age - the 1970's. One of my many favourites from that time is the tale of the greatest Spacekinght of them all ROM.

I've got all 75 issues and the annuals but have probably never read beyond the first 30 as I stopped collecting in the mid 80's and only picked up the rest of the run a few years ago - something to look forward to later!

76652.jpg.db10e632aac52f1acda2b0932be9cb26.jpg

rom was a huge favorite as a kid for me too! Dire Wraiths were incredible!

Yeah - looking forward to going back and reading them again. When I get the time!

Yeah, just might have to re-read those. I still have all 75 issues plus the annuals. I'm not sure I could be a bigger geek. :banana:

hm I guess if I had a pocket protector also that would make me a bigger geek.

With my foray into Golden Age comics getting even more hectic and draining away my money my mind has been wandering back to my sentimental golden age - the 1970's. One of my many favourites from that time is the tale of the greatest Spacekinght of them all ROM.

I've got all 75 issues and the annuals but have probably never read beyond the first 30 as I stopped collecting in the mid 80's and only picked up the rest of the run a few years ago - something to look forward to later!

Oh you will like the stories from the 40s to 50s trust me on that. Rom was one of my favorites too. Have the full run and pretty much all his appearances in other titles like marvel two in one 99. Now let's see if my issue 75 can come back a 9.8 (one of the hardest to get in high grade)

Being a kid at the grocery store I saw Rom # 6. Those Dire Wraith hound dogs were scary, and I was hooked. I then back tracked to get the first 5 issues. :banana:

Hasbro got the rights in late 2008 and you can bank on a movie after the success of Transformers.
Well that explains why Rom is not pictured in the Marvel encyclopedia my wife bought me for Christmas.

He gets mentioned in a couple of paragraphs, but does not get a listing or a picture.

Making a movie about him would be tough. Unlike Ironman who takes off his helmet and the viewer can relate to him and his troubles, Rom wouldn't take off his helmet, he is his helmet.

They'd have to find a way to make the audience sympathetic to him perhaps like the WALL-E movie.... (shrug)

But stranger things have happened.

Actually, Rom turned up in a few Marvel issues, sans helmet and suit within the last 5 years or so. I'm trying to remember which issue of which book. I remember him being at a wedding. He had no armor and they only mention him as the former spaceknight.

But sometimes I drink, so maybe this didn't really happen.

Actually, Rom turned up in a few Marvel issues, sans helmet and suit within the last 5 years or so. I'm trying to remember which issue of which book. I remember him being at a wedding. He had no armor and they only mention him as the former spaceknight.

But sometimes I drink, so maybe this didn't really happen.

I vaguely remember that as well. Think it might have been Rick Jones' wedding in one of the later Hulk issues.

Have to track it down now!