• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Any Boardies going to the Albany Comic Con?

27 posts in this topic

Here's the info from the flyer:

Albany Comic Con

Holiday Inn Wolf Road

April 5th 10am to 4 pm

$3.00 admission

New & Vintage:

Comics, Toys, Collectibles

Non-Sport Cards

Original Art

Guest List

Ron Marz

Herb Trimpe

Joe Sinnott

Joe Staton

Bob Smith

Paul Abrams

Ramona Fradon

Fred Hembeck

Joe St. Pierre

Albany the last time one of my family members visited there...

fortorange1635.jpg

Were they on the "Half Moon"? I believe there's a replica of that ship at the port of Albany now. Here's a link to some of the history.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~clifflamere/History/AlbanyEarly.htm

Albany the last time one of my family members visited there...

fortorange1635.jpg

Were they on the "Half Moon"? I believe there's a replica of that ship at the port of Albany now. Here's a link to some of the history.

http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~clifflamere/History/AlbanyEarly.htm

No, he first came aboard the Eendracht in 1631, stayed for two years under a contract, then returned to Holland. He came back to Fort Orange in 1637, aboard the Rensselaerswyck with his new wife. Their first child was born during the journey. He and his wife died on the same day in 1648, the cause of death lost to history, and were buried on Papscanee Island.

Spent about 1.5 hours at this today. Not big enough for any kind of Con report thread, but it was a nice little show.

Herb Trimpe, Joe Sinnott, Ramona Fradon, and a few others. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits.

Only a couple of GA/SA dealers. Some bronze, some modern.

Catskill Original Comic Art was there on the art side.

I only bought one thing, an Amazing Spider-Man 157 30-cent variant for $6.

Did enjoy meeting comicdonna and zipper68. Comicdonna brought an impressive handful of early Actions. Awesome books.