• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why does SDCC need to advertise?

7 posts in this topic

While driving this afternoon, I had my car radio tuned to KROQ in Los Angeles. A commercial came on for San Diego comic-con. The theme was go register to attend.

4 day passes are sold out, Saturday is sold out, hotels are sold out. Does SDCC need to advertise? How is this the best use of non-profit funds?

I guess SDCC wants to guarantee 100% sell out on tix to satisfy the well-moneyed media and gaming booths since North America is in recession. 1 million ppl out of work in Canada; at least 10 million layed off in USA and increasing.

Even if 10% of the SDCC crowd decide not to show up due to $350 + tax/night hotels, they would be easily replaced by 15% trying to get in. Fanboy and fangirl discretionary $$$. :juggle:

Was it the Jedd the fish show.....or maybe Frasier Smith???? prob not....those are KROQ guys.......from waaaaayyyy back.....