• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

grahamcrackerscomics?

55 posts in this topic

I just BIN'D 2 mid grade Conan 30 cent variants (CGC 6.5 63 and 64) from him for $30 each. I got them real fast and we exchanged some very odd feedback insane.gif

I just purchased a CGC'd copy of Amazing Spider-man #95, and I have to admit, the feedback was positive, but strange:

grahamcrackerscomics.com)( 4291) Dec-21-03 13:10:45 PST 2210289222 B

Praise : I laughed ....I cried... this transaction became a part of me...

I want what ever this dudes on!!!! confused-smiley-013.gif

27_laughing.gif

My feedback - Graham Crackers comments for me are close to bottom

(grahamcrackerscomics.com)(gcclimited@aol.com)( 4291) Dec-19-03 18:56:24 PST 2210507749 B

Praise : When sober this customer rocks, actually even when DRUNK he rocks too!

(grahamcrackerscomics.com)(gcclimited@aol.com)( 4291) Dec-19-03 18:56:23 PST 2210507660 B

Praise : I enjoyed it SOOOO MUCH.

My odd feedback in return is near the top of their first feedback page

I'm just glad they could commission all those exclusive Top Cow covers - the GCC limiteds on Tomb Raider and Witchblades and the "virgin" covers were truly modern masterpieces!

all of a sudden i'm seeing lots of references to Comic Keys (daniel kupcak?).

i know him as richard koos and your're scaring me man.......i thought the AF#15 that i bought last year from him might be ever so slightly trimmed (when i compared it to my own off-the-shelf copy purchased back in 1962).

all of a sudden he's public enemy #1(well maybe that's a slight exaggeration). does he really have a history of this stuff?? he's got over a thousand feeds with only 4 negs and is a platinum power-seller. say it ain't so, supa.........893frustrated.gif

also, regarding grahamcrackers; i've never had the pleasure and i've spread the buying around quite a bit. his prices seem high, however. a FF #10 just closed without selling (i believe) because he was asking 2x's guide for a CGC 7.0 :

i know him as richard koos and your're scaring me man.......i thought the AF#15 that i bought last year from him might be ever so slightly trimmed (when i compared it to my own off-the-shelf copy purchased back in 1962).

all of a sudden he's public enemy #1(well maybe that's a slight exaggeration). does he really have a history of this stuff?? he's got over a thousand feeds with only 4 negs and is a platinum power-seller. say it ain't so, supa.........893frustrated.gif

also, regarding grahamcrackers; i've never had the pleasure and i've spread the buying around quite a bit. his prices seem high, however. a FF #10 just closed without selling (i believe) because he was asking 2x's guide for a CGC 7.0 :

if you bought the AF15 send it in for slabbing and find out for yourself. here's a book i bought from him a slabbed. gossip.gif you should also do yourself a favour and type in daniel dupcak/comic-keys in search for other threads re: him.

344776-AsM32L.jpg

here's a link to a THREAD 893whatthe.gif

344776-AsM32L.jpg.6be7765984eaed562448e3f7c5511c0d.jpg

Hello and welcome to the boards burntboy.

gossip.gif Comic Keys/Hammer/Mr. Nice/(whatever alias he's using nowdays) is considered the anti-collector (think anti-christ) around these parts. gossip.gif

Don't mention his name to loudly or he will appear and trim all your comics. 893whatthe.gif

stooges.gif

ok, so now i'm really scared...........

do you recall what he graded the spidey #32 at? (ie., in addition to failing to mention the restoration, did he overgrade it, as well??) did you try to return it and were you successful??

i would swear that just about all his auctions bring pretty darn good prices on unslabbed books. if this is his MO, where are all the negs?? 893frustrated.gif

Out of approximately 20 people I've talked to who bought books from him, all 20 received trimmed and/or color-touched comics. I have yet to meet anyone who has bought a comic from him and had it professionally judged to be unrestored. If you think about the situation you yourself are in, and how you couldn't leave feedback now even if you wanted to, you'll begin to realize how useless E-Bay's feedback system is when it comes to purchasing raw, high-price comics. Do a search on the phrase "comic-keys" on this forum and you'll see he hasn't "all of a sudden" become "public enemy #1"--he's been a topic of much debate here for over a year. And he's been here personally defending himself and making personal threats towards people for most of that time.

How much did you pay?

Do any of you have physical proof that comic keys is Richard Koos? If so then why isnt anyone setting this bozo up for a fall? Every week I seem him selling books RAW for thousands of dollars All those comics will be floating around the comic comminity and nobody will be any wiser till they get either slabbed or someone takes the loop and blacklight to them. How can he have been selling on Ebay this long and have only 4 negs for all these transactions?

To bring this argument up again is so far beyond beating a dead horse in every single conceivable way that I'll say two things--the beginning of the road is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=14934&fpart=all

And the rest of it can be found by searching or talking to the right people in the real world. This forum is an absolutely useless place to discuss comic-keys beyond what's already been said.

To bring this argument up again is so far beyond beating a dead horse in every single conceivable way that I'll say two things--the beginning of the road is here:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=14934&fpart=all

And the rest of it can be found by searching or talking to the right people in the real world. This forum is an absolutely useless place to discuss comic-keys beyond what's already been said.

27_laughing.gif I forgot how crazy he could be! Thanks for the laugh James 893applaud-thumb.gif

sign-rantpost.gif oh how I wish e-bay would listen to industry experts...or that the federal government would assign a few agents to police e-bay. If I've got county cops at my local mall, why none on e-bay where the volume is MUCH higher and fraud is MUCH easier?!??!!? mad.gif

ok, so now i'm really scared...........

do you recall what he graded the spidey #32 at? (ie., in addition to failing to mention the restoration, did he overgrade it, as well??) did you try to return it and were you successful??

i would swear that just about all his auctions bring pretty darn good prices on unslabbed books. if this is his MO, where are all the negs?? 893frustrated.gif

you should be scared! 893whatthe.gif the crook just GANKED thousands of dollars from you. foreheadslap.gif the private auctions and feedback should raise a flag, 893scratchchin-thumb.gif besides the crook is a platinum powerseller, he can get negs removed. gossip.gif

It was most likely either ComicInvestor

It wasn't me. Look it up if you don't believe me.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=comicgen&Number=100291&Forum=CatSearch-5&Words=comicinvestor&Match=Username&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=allposts&Main=100200&Search=true#Post100291

Oh man, that Sig Line is just too good; brings back nice memories... cloud9.gif