• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Confessions Of A Superhero

16 posts in this topic

So I just saw this documentary tonight about actors on Hollywood Blvd who dress up like Superhero's and take pics, and take tips. I'm sure the majority of you have heard or seen it.

Well, I did enjoy it. Some parts were a little embarrassing, but it was really endearing, and tragically depressing in some scenes. The guy who dressed up as Hulk was, in my opinion, the most like-able (or real?), and I even teared up whenever he would talk about his life. The Batman in it was/is crazy. I don't think I'd want to meet that guy on the street, ever. As a whole I just feel awkwardly depressed yet uplifted at the same time, something I have a hard time wrapping my brain around.

Has anyone else seen this? Thoughts?

Great movie. I wonder if dressing as superheros on the street is a Hollywood, USA thing only?

I wish the homeless/beggars in Toronto showed a little initiative like these guys in their quest for money. Street entertainment is sadly lacking in TO.

Wow I haven't seen this yet..was it on Cable or HBO?

Got it on Netflix while surfing around.

Great movie. I wonder if dressing as superheros on the street is a Hollywood, USA thing only?

I've seen similar ones in Times Square. I've only ever seen one in the Inner Harbor.

Really kind of a sad movie in some respects... I just saw it about two weeks ago. Interesting to say the least, but not at all what I was expecting.

Yes, this is exactly how I feel. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this.

I posted about this movie some time ago when I first saw it...I liked it, but yes, it was rather depressing. I grew up and live in So California so sortof just another Hollywood broken dreams story...yes, the Hulk guy was the most likable and the Batman was unhinged to say the least...