• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some pics from Emerald comicon, Seattle, WA 2009

45 posts in this topic

Emerald should definately have started pre-selling badges at the gate at 9:00 a.m. like they used to do at their old location of Qwest Field. Then line up in the other line w/ all the fans that bought online via Brown Paper tix. They did not have such overcrowding problems at this Seattle comicon 2 years ago at Qwest.

Can anyone give us the low-down on Ray Park over there? Crowded? Did anybody care? Was the dude friendly? :popcorn:

I have a good story about Ray Park - I'll post a picture when i get it.

So here's the story - My wife and family and friend's family were waiting at the Cheesecake Factory and I point out to her, "Hey there's Ray Park, the actor who played Darth Maul." That's her all time favorite Star Wars character, by the way. Well, she didn't have the nerve to say hello at the con, but she got up and literally ran like the flash out the door and caught up with him and said hello. The wife of my friend followed her and took a picture - she got a nice hug and cool little chat on the streets of Seattle. She's still beaming about that.

He was a great guy. Nice as you'll ever meet.

Emerald should definately have started pre-selling badges at the gate at 9:00 a.m. like they used to do at their old location of Qwest Field. Then line up in the other line w/ all the fans that bought online via Brown Paper tix. They did not have such overcrowding problems at this Seattle comicon 2 years ago at Qwest.
The way they did it last year was better too. you could buy or exchange your tickets for a badge and then got into line. the area for the line was very big and not cramped like it was this year. i was very, very unimpressed with how they handled the entrance this year

Can anyone give us the low-down on Ray Park over there? Crowded? Did anybody care? Was the dude friendly? :popcorn:

I have a good story about Ray Park - I'll post a picture when i get it.

So here's the story - My wife and family and friend's family were waiting at the Cheesecake Factory and I point out to her, "Hey there's Ray Park, the actor who played Darth Maul." That's her all time favorite Star Wars character, by the way. Well, she didn't have the nerve to say hello at the con, but she got up and literally ran like the flash out the door and caught up with him and said hello. The wife of my friend followed her and took a picture - she got a nice hug and cool little chat on the streets of Seattle. She's still beaming about that.

He was a great guy. Nice as you'll ever meet.

That is such a cool story!!!!! Some people have all the luck, nice to know he is a cool guy..