• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Some pics from Emerald comicon, Seattle, WA 2009

45 posts in this topic

Great report. I just got home from the show. I am sure greggy is still on the road with JohnnyG and Crows. They didn't leave Seattle until 5:00 PM and they were going to stop for dinner at a sweet Mexican restaurant that John said had awesome carne asada.

There are some pictures of greggy and his awesomeness did not go entirely unappreciated. In fact, I was at the CGC booth when greggy showed up and my quote was, "Greggy! Now there's a forum legend."

We need to meet up for sure next year aardvark (thumbs u

Well, looks like greggy's mothership is about to dock next to the brand new Vancouver Convention Centre.

P4050340.jpg

Canada welcomes the return of greggy to our humble shores!

P4050342.jpg

In all seriousness, here are some pics from the Winter 2010 Olympics convention centre that just opened up in downtown Vancouver.

P4050338.jpg

This is Vancouver's old convention centre that was way too small.

P4050335.jpg

The new one is about 1/2 the size of the complex that held NYCC comic-con:

P4050334.jpg

I am sure greggy will be posting soon, True Believers!

Great report. I just got home from the show. I am sure greggy is still on the road with JohnnyG and Crows. They didn't leave Seattle until 5:00 PM and they were going to stop for dinner at a sweet Mexican restaurant that John said had awesome carne asada.

There are some pictures of greggy and his awesomeness did not go entirely unappreciated. In fact, I was at the CGC booth when greggy showed up and my quote was, "Greggy! Now there's a forum legend."

We need to meet up for sure next year aardvark (thumbs u

The meat was great! Just got in the door...

Don't worry folks, there will be plenty of pictures of Greggy some time tomorrow. I AM BEAT!!! Now time to get on the phone and try to track down passport as I think I lost it!!! doh!

It was a pleasure meeting those I had the opportunity to meet with. Seattle is always a fun time, I really looked forward to it this year and was NOT disappointed! (thumbs u

Great report! Our day was much worse.

Probably the worst con for buying comics we have been to in a decade. And on top of that, the Emerald City people have no idea how to handle a convention line. What a mess. It took us 40 minutes just to get to the line where you could buy tickets, which they did not open until the doors opened. They could have sold the tickets outside and done the pre ticket badge exchange outside as well. Very poor planning this year.

Many of the dealers were grumpy...in fact when I offered a guy almost double guide for a nice book I needed he told me since I was being cheap I should "go try to find it in a dollar box somewhere". It was not even an expensive key, and he had it at 2.5 times guide (Blue Cirlce #3). What a doofus.

I did meet Steve B. and tried a couple times to buy his Spidey #1 CGC 1 Blue, but he would not budge from his fair price (we were close). He was very nice about it, but much too busy to care.

Brought thousands to spend and left with almost all of it. Found a couple cool books.

001-1.jpg

Steady line up for superstar Frank Cho who stated he must have signed and sold 200 copies of his 2 hardcover artbooks in the 1st hr of the con at $25 each.

P4040310.jpg

I swear, I see this guy over at one of my LCS's in the area all the time. (shrug)