• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OT- Favorite Childhood T.V. Show?

98 posts in this topic

Lost in Space

Outer Limits

Journey to the Center of the Earth

Spiderman (60s)

Flintstones

Ultraman

Wild Wild West

Kimba

Night Gallery

Night Stalker

Looney Tunes/Bugs Bunny

hm Looks a lot like the shows I still watch.

Speed Racer

Ultraman

Jonny Quest

Get Smart

1.Superman (George Reeves)

2.The Three Stooges (hosted by Officer Joe Bolton)

3.Abbott & Costello Show

4.Popeye (hosted by Captain Jack McCarthy locally on WPIX, channel 11 in NYC)

5.The Lone Ranger (Clayton Moore)

When I first saw this thread I thought "Boy, I'm really going to be showing my age with the shows I'm going to list." But as it ends up, most if not all of them have already been listed. I don't feel so old anymore! lol

You guys brought up a lot of the shows I used to watch when I was a kid. Here is a list of my favorites....most have already been listed with a few new ones thrown in:

1) Combat (My parents used to let my older brother and I stay up late to watch this. I think it was on at 8:30 PM.) lol

2) I Dream of Jeannie (Yes, I am STILL in love with Barbara Eden.) :luhv:

3) The Wild, Wild West (remember how they would create a cutout scene just before each commercial and put it on the screen with each preceding one?)

4) Hogan's Heroes (Ah, I remember Colonel Klink well)

5) The Rat Patrol (Used to love to watch the army stuff. This and Combat were two of my big favorites).

6) The Munsters (Fred Gwynn played Herman Munster and Yvonne DeCarlo played Lilly). I used to work with a girl named Yvonne and an engineer named Jim DeCarlo. So if Yvonne married Jim.... :grin:

7) The Outer Limits (I think this is the show where I saw the Creature From the Black Lagoon for the first time). :eek:

8) Gilligan's Island (Ginger and Mary Ann. I always liked Mary Ann better. She was more the girl-next-door type.) :cloud9:

9) The Twilight Zone (Rod Serling at his best)

10) Star Trek (back when William Shatner was slim and trim)

11) The Rifleman (starring Chuck Connors)

12) Dragnet (starring Jack Webb and Harry Morgan)

13) F-Troop (just a bunch of goofballs)

14) Mission Impossible (Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, Greg Morris and Peter Lupus)

Wow, I'm really reminiscing here. Guess I better go watch TVLand for a while. lol

When I first saw this thread I thought "Boy, I'm really going to be showing my age with the shows I'm going to list." But as it ends up, most if not all of them have already been listed. I don't feel so old anymore! lol

You guys brought up a lot of the shows I used to watch when I was a kid. Here is a list of my favorites....most have already been listed with a few new ones thrown in:

1) Combat (My parents used to let my older brother and I stay up late to watch this. I think it was on at 8:30 PM.) lol

2) I Dream of Jeannie (Yes, I am STILL in love with Barbara Eden.) :luhv:

3) The Wild, Wild West (remember how they would create a cutout scene just before each commercial and put it on the screen with each preceding one?)

4) Hogan's Heroes (Ah, I remember Colonel Klink well)

5) The Rat Patrol (Used to love to watch the army stuff. This and Combat were two of my big favorites).

6) The Munsters (Fred Gwynn played Herman Munster and Yvonne DeCarlo played Lilly). I used to work with a girl named Yvonne and an engineer named Jim DeCarlo. So if Yvonne married Jim.... :grin:

7) The Outer Limits (I think this is the show where I saw the Creature From the Black Lagoon for the first time). :eek:

8) Gilligan's Island (Ginger and Mary Ann. I always liked Mary Ann better. She was more the girl-next-door type.) :cloud9:

9) The Twilight Zone (Rod Serling at his best)

10) Star Trek (back when William Shatner was slim and trim)

11) The Rifleman (starring Chuck Connors)

12) Dragnet (starring Jack Webb and Harry Morgan)

13) F-Troop (just a bunch of goofballs)

14) Mission Impossible (Martin Landau, Barbara Bain, Greg Morris and Peter Lupus)

Wow, I'm really reminiscing here. Guess I better go watch TVLand for a while. lol

:gossip: You forgot Branded.....GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Animated:

Johnny Quest

Scooby Doo

Superfriends

Live Action:

Wild Wild West

Batman

Monkees

Hogan's Heroes

Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom (Jim & Marlin)

Wonderful World of Walt Disney (Sunday night)

Star Trek

-Cartoons-

Underdog!!!

Rocky and Bullwinkle

The bugs bunny Road Runner Hour

Scooby Doo

Whacky Races

Star Trek (the cartoon)

Johnny Quest

Super Chicken

-T.V. Shows-

The Outer Limits

Boris Karloffs Thriller

twilight Zone

Star Trek

Night Gallery

Night Stalker

Gilligans Island

Planet of the Apes

and of course, Doctor Who

"wowzie wowzie woo woo...."

Badluck Shemprock

I nearly forgot - The Outer Limits (worship)

I posted that a few pages back. Are you talking about the original from the sixties that was in black and white. Those were some great episodes. I think one of my favorites was The Duplicate Man...............or was it The Zanti Misfits. Heck I liked em all. (thumbs u

DRX

-Cartoons-

Underdog!!!

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Scooby Doo

Whacky Races

Star Trek (the cartoon)

Johnny Quest

Super Chicken

-T.V. Shows-

The Outer Limits

Boris Karloffs Thriller

twilight Zone

Star Trek

Night Gallery

Night Stalker

Gilligans Island

Planet of the Apes

Badluck Shemprock

Boris Karloffs Thriller was one of the best horror shows that ever was. Period. I heard it was supposed to be released on dvd. Favorite episodes were " Pidgeons From Hell, and " The Hungry Glass" which I believed starred a young William Shatner. Thanks for jogin my memory.

DRX (worship)

I nearly forgot - The Outer Limits (worship)

I posted that a few pages back. Are you talking about the original from the sixties that was in black and white. Those were some great episodes. I think one of my favorites was The Duplicate Man...............or was it The Zanti Misfits. Heck I liked em all. (thumbs u

DRX

The original. I recently bought the DVD boxed sets but haven't watched them yet.

The Zanti Misfits - classic!

-Cartoons-

Underdog!!!

Rocky and Bullwinkle

Scooby Doo

Whacky Races

Star Trek (the cartoon)

Johnny Quest

Super Chicken

-T.V. Shows-

The Outer Limits

Boris Karloffs Thriller

twilight Zone

Star Trek

Night Gallery

Night Stalker

Gilligans Island

Planet of the Apes

Badluck Shemprock

Boris Karloffs Thriller was one of the best horror shows that ever was. Period. I heard it was supposed to be released on dvd. Favorite episodes were " Pidgeons From Hell, and " The Hungry Glass" which I believed starred a young William Shatner. Thanks for jogin my memory.

DRX (worship)

And don't forget "The Incredible Dr. Markesan" those were some fantastic stories, yes indeed.

For those of you listing 'Johnny Quest', I recommend a current cartoon that airs on Cartoon Network's 'Adult Swim' block. It's called 'The Venture Brothers', and it's great! Check out the DVD's from Netflix or something. Note: it's definitely not for kids.

Cartoons

Space Ghost

Magilla Gorilla

Hurricane Hippo

Scooby Doo

Popeye

Bug Bunny

Tom & Jerry - the old ones, not the ones from the 1960s

Voltron - especially with the cars!

Battle of the Planets

TV Shows

The Man from Atlantis

Incredible Hulk

Wonder Woman

The Six Million Dollar Man

Happy Days

Battlestar Galactica

Mission Impossible

Abbott and Costello - just before every Yankees game

The Little Rascals (also known as Our Gang)