• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Howard Chaykin contact info anyone?

13 posts in this topic

Chaykin was just at the 2 day Emerald Seattle comicon April 4, 5/09. About 3 weeks earlier, he was speaking at a local Vancouver, BC comicon. :blush:

i know, the reason why i didn't try to get someone to get a sketch for me is i have no idea what his rates are. i'm still new at the original art thing as i have 3 pcs from 2 local artists and that's it. so i'm not quite sure how the whole process and what the average cost is...

can anyone give a guy an idea how much sketches at cons run? just ballpark not exacts...

thanks

j

Chaykin was just at the 2 day Emerald Seattle comicon April 4, 5/09. About 3 weeks earlier, he was speaking at a local Vancouver, BC comicon. :blush:

i know, the reason why i didn't try to get someone to get a sketch for me is i have no idea what his rates are. i'm still new at the original art thing as i have 3 pcs from 2 local artists and that's it. so i'm not quite sure how the whole process and what the average cost is...

can anyone give a guy an idea how much sketches at cons run? just ballpark not exacts...

thanks

j

Ha ha, it depends on who and what quality, anywhere from 20 bucks to 500 bucks!

Wait, there are a couple who charge 2K and I'm serious!

Malvin

thanks

j

The sketch I got from Howard at Wondercon last year was a head shot of a character from American Flag that took up most of a 8 x 10 piece of paper. He charged 25 dollars for that one, but I don't know if his rates are still the same for a head shot.

Mark

It was still $25 at this year's Wondercon.

sweet! i was thinking $150 (i guess i overestimated a bit).

anybody know what other cons he will be at? i cannot find a dedicated website for him anywhere...

j

WW Philly

i was trying to avoid philly...looks like if he's not going to be at baltimore i have no choice.

j