• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thoughts on this all select #1

86 posts in this topic

Well as I expected the seller didn't want the listing fee, closed the auction and contacted me with an a offer (I had a good feeling he was gonna do this). We were able to reach an agreement. Got it for a better price in the end so it worked out well for me. I'm traveling down to his showroom to pick it up. 1 Timely down, many more to go. :grin:

Sounds like you had a deal at $3,000. It really doesnt matter what he was offering it for in another venue. (shrug)

Nothing was official though. I told him that I had a good sum of money coming to me in about one month (i do) and that we would make it official or not then (that's why I came on the boards to get a 2nd opinion). I caught the consigner lieing to me though (which I didn't like). I debated with myself for 3k, and once I found out he would've taken less, It would've been on the back of my mind if I would've bought it. that's why I decided to counter offer. it's no biggie. I was rushing into it a tad.

Congrats on the book but I still don't understand all of this. You countered with an offer of $3000. He said "ok". That looks official enough to me.

ps: anybody got a scan of this thing, I'd love to see it.

it's debateable. I told him I might go close to 3k when I get my payment (I sold a car). He told me he would hold it for me until then for that price. I was still looking around though, and contacting a couple other dealers for another all select so in my mind it wasn't "official" but like I said, it is debateable. Either way, he is satisfied with the deal and so am I. It still worked out for us both.

here ya go.

allselect11.jpg[/img]

:applause: congrats. Glad it worked out. Great book. The BEST Cap cover of all time (thumbs u

How far do you have to drive to pick it up?

:banana: thanks. it's located approx 2 hrs away near baltimore. I'm gonna head down to pick the book up and then swing over and check out the Geppi's Museum. Might as well make a whole day out of it. (thumbs u

here ya go.

allselect11.jpg[/img]

:applause: congrats. Glad it worked out. Great book. The BEST Cap cover of all time (thumbs u

:banana: thanks. it's located approx 2 hrs away near baltimore. I'm gonna head down to pick the book up and then swing over and check out the Geppi's Museum. Might as well make a whole day out of it. (thumbs u

Very nice. I heard the Gep Palace is quite a spectacle (thumbs u

Where do you go to school?

here ya go.

Very nice. I heard the Gep Palace is quite a spectacle (thumbs u

Where do you go to school?

I go to a small school, Allegany Community college. I Plan on working for the family business, but since I started school, I would like to atleast finish it.

Another copy I found in my database, think this sold pretty cheaply ($2,600?) about a year ago on EBay.

AS1cgc4.jpg

Do you know who owns it now Peter? Nice copy. Looks very close to mine, but it's maybe slightly better. $2600 would have been a great price for this book last year...

Ben sorry I don't, this is going back a while, think it was anywhere from $2,600-$3,200 at the time but I remember tracking it and thought it was a heck of a deal even at the higher end of that range. Seems like an easy book to find in low or high garde but those mid range copies are few and far between.

Another copy I found in my database, think this sold pretty cheaply ($2,600?) about a year ago on EBay.

AS1cgc4.jpg

GPA has a 4.0 selling in August of '06 for $2600. Maybe you're at the age where 3 years goes by in the span of one? :baiting:

why is Cap shooting the Torch and why is Namor a giant? great cover anyway, but Im just sayin..

He's shooting above and now behind Torch is you follow the path of the flames. Subby's big and perspective's distorted because it looks cool -- like a Max Escher drawing.