• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question about Adam Hughes.

41 posts in this topic

sweet, wicked, marker goodness. typically full figure. with lots and lots of marker. goodness. assuming your character of choice is a busty chick. usually.

But my character of choice isn't a busty chick. :(

sweet, wicked, marker goodness. typically full figure. with lots and lots of marker. goodness. assuming your character of choice is a busty chick. usually.

Well, he will usually do non-busty chick requests, too. I've seen them done. Adam usually tries to make his fans happy with the end results. (thumbs u

What do you get for $300? Full figure with ink?

You get a sketch that people flip on ebay for $1000-3300.

$3300 is what someone paid in a charity auction before megacon for a guaranteed sketch.

Adam gives the most bang for the buck in the hobby period.

For a long time his sketches were $100 and SDCC sketches were $200 (he gets less done at SDCC because of panels and meetings etc).

Recently he raised sketch prices to $200 for all shows (have not heard the $300 figure before). And even at that price the piece is worth 4-5 times what you paid without breaking a sweat.

C

Here's a $100 sketch from a couple years ago he did for me. (He's gotten even better with the markers since then)

Black Cat Convention Sketch

hughes_blackcat.jpg

It doesn't have to be a busty chick, although he nails them every time (no pun intended).

He does really wonderful Star Wars characters, Jack Sparrow, Big Lebowski, Captain America, Superman and plenty of other male characters.

The guy has an eye like few others have and he really has a wonderful sense of humor he puts into the pieces.

C

I don't collect sketches but if I wanted an AH! sketch, I'd want to see Vampi, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Fatale...you get the drift.

I don't think I'm alone on this. I just don't see flippers turning a Jack Sparrow/Big Lebowski AH! sketch for a grand or better.

Count me among those who DON'T want an AH! sketch. It seems that just about everyone who gets one, has some calamity befall them. How else would you explain all the sketches that show up on Ebay with some variation of "I hate to sell this, but [insert personal misfortune]".

The AH! Con Sketch Curse...tempt fate at your own risk! :insane:

I don't collect sketches but if I wanted an AH! sketch, I'd want to see Vampi, Catwoman, Wonder Woman, Fatale...you get the drift.

I don't think I'm alone on this. I just don't see flippers turning a Jack Sparrow/Big Lebowski AH! sketch for a grand or better.

Well the original poster was talking about the quality of the sketch and if it's well done. I was pointing out that pretty much all of them are well done, not just the smoking hot fan-boy candy variety.

Most of us ask for the hot babe sketch (myself included) because it's so pleasing to the eye. But no matter what you ask for, you get a very well done piece of art.

And the fact that flippers don't turn his non-bewbee pieces for big money probably makes Adam smile when someone asks him for one of those characters. You know...Adam knows the guy asking for the sketch is not looking at him like he's an ATM machine spitting out hundreds.

But I get your drift. We are all horndogs at heart.

C

If you got Hughes to do a sketch for you, why would you get anything besides a busty chick? hm

Why? Because the results still rock.

http://cafurl.com?i=3975

(But the busty chicks turn out great too.)

http://cafurl.com?i=12170

Gorgeous tits on that cap piece Mike. (thumbs u

C

If you got Hughes to do a sketch for you, why would you get anything besides a busty chick? hm

Why? Because the results still rock.

http://cafurl.com?i=3975

(But the busty chicks turn out great too.)

http://cafurl.com?i=12170

Gorgeous tits on that cap piece Mike. (thumbs u

C

And here I thought the whole "frozen-in-ice THO" joke was a bit over the top. :roflmao: