• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prices: E Gerber VS. Bill Cole

35 posts in this topic

The boards are definitely NOT the same, i'm looking at them both at this minute. This Cole board is the 0.3% charcoal buffered board (Life X-tenders) and they look, feel, and ARE different from the Gerber board.

Ehmm ... did you actually read what I wrote?

The BCE THIN-X-TENDERS are identical to the E Gerber Half-backs.

The BCE TIME-X-TENDERS are identical to the E Gerber Full-backs.

The LIFE-X-TENDERS are exclusive to BCE - Gerber has no similar product - but using microchamber paper alongside a full-back or half-back has exactly the same function as the life-x-tender.

The boards are definitely NOT the same, i'm looking at them both at this minute. This Cole board is the 0.3% charcoal buffered board (Life X-tenders) and they look, feel, and ARE different from the Gerber board.

The LIFE-X-TENDERS are exclusive to BCE - Gerber has no similar product - but using microchamber paper alongside a full-back or half-back has exactly the same function as the life-x-tender.

Sorry, i don't read very well :insane:

Sorry, i don't read very well :insane:

Fair enough (thumbs u

I've been very happy buying from E-Gerber for years, but the few times I bought from Bill Cole I've been pretty satisfied as well. They had great deal on CGC size boxes serveral years back...something like 10 for $25.009(perhaps a little higher). I took advantage that deal.

As others have stated quality of Gerber is far better than BCE. Boards with shavings and mylars with weak seams have been my experience with BCE.

Btw - you can buy Gerber supplies from their resellers with great prices and service, such as the bros from hotflips.

i buy stuff from bill cole...

his arklites for slabs are unparalleled, imo...i also recently purchased some of their OA display frames and couldn't be happier.

Isn't the aspect ratio of the BCE OA display frames slightly skewed, tho? Meaning that standard OA isn't centered nicely in the frame, but rather has wider side-margins than the top & bottom?

i buy stuff from bill cole...

his arklites for slabs are unparalleled, imo...i also recently purchased some of their OA display frames and couldn't be happier.

Isn't the aspect ratio of the BCE OA display frames slightly skewed, tho? Meaning that standard OA isn't centered nicely in the frame, but rather has wider side-margins than the top & bottom?

the sizes are off, but it doesn't bother me :

DSCN1029.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

I'm having trouble finding someone who is currently selling the Gerber CGC comic storage boxes. Hotflips doesn't have them offered right now. Anybody know who I can get some from right now? (shrug)

I'm having trouble finding someone who is currently selling the Gerber CGC comic storage boxes. Hotflips doesn't have them offered right now. Anybody know who I can get some from right now? (shrug)

Buy them direct

Item # Supply 514 Dimensions 15 x 8 1/2 x 13

Price per 1 $4.50 + $8.00 shipping,

Price per 11 $36.30 + $20.00 shipping,

Price per 50 $137.50 + $40.00 shipping.

($10.00 Minimum shipping Charge)

Egerber CGC Boxes

Buy them direct

Item # Supply 514 Dimensions 15 x 8 1/2 x 13

Price per 1 $4.50 + $8.00 shipping,

Price per 11 $36.30 + $20.00 shipping,

Price per 50 $137.50 + $40.00 shipping.

($10.00 Minimum shipping Charge)

Egerber CGC Boxes

I buy all my stuff from Gerber direct. It's really attractive for west coasters as they eat quite a bit of the shipping for us, as they just quote a flat rate for the entire U.S.

You just have to get past their "old" business model - they take orders by phone call or fax only. I just send them a fax, and the stuff arrives here in 7 or so days, never a problem.