• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze Age Avengers Assembled!

49 posts in this topic

What a great run :applause:

Kudos to you Jeff. A run like that takes dedication and hard work to put together. Avengers was one of the first titles that my brother and I collected and I love seeing all those great books again.

Steve

I've managed to complete my run of Bronze Age Avengers and thought I'd show them off. Took a while to do this and the majority of the issues have at least one copy that is the highest graded.

Great books. As you mentioned, some of those 20¢ books are really hard to find in high grade. It's very cool to see them all in one place.

Thanks, guys. One day I'll get the whole 1-503 set listed.

Outstanding set! Good luck on the rest of the run!

Primarily a DC reader as a kid, the Avengers was one of the first Marvels that I began collecting as a teen. I still love them and as I complete my DC 20c run, Avengers and FF bronze are next on the list.

:applause: :applause:

BTW, the style of the comic title change that began with issue 96 is THE Avengers logo - at least for me!

94 seems to be a tough one for me to find raw in a decent grade (around 9.0). Which books were tougher to find in the grades you were looking for?

Great collection BTW!

103 and 140 are the toughest. I've only seen one of each in 9.6 in the last two years and got outbid on both of them. doh! I'll keep trying, though.

93 and 94 are tough because they are square bound. But since they sell for so much, they seem to make their way to market at a reasonable rate. Pedigree has a 9.4 93 listed right now.

I've always found 105 tough...

Jim

The run from 93 to 109 has a bunch of tough ones. 93, 94, 95, 97, 104, 105, 108, 109 are all tough to come by. But then, 102 is probably one of the easiest. It was also the comic book purchase I made in 1972 that started this entire Avengers collecting passion. I think I have five different UHG copies of it, I just didn't post them all because, well, it's kinda weird.

Well...sell me one cheap then... :grin:

Jim

:news: A big time congrats to Cheetah for his Best in Bronze Age Set(And the Silver portion ain't too shabby either!!)!! One of the greatest runs in the history of comics + in all uber high grade. Love all the undercopies too!! (worship) (worship) :headbang:

Thank you, KV! I'm now looking for a miniaturization ray so I've got a place to put it all! I am getting soooo close to completing the whole 1-504 set. I'm going box diving in Chicago to see if I can come up with the last few.

Thank you, KV! I'm now looking for a miniaturization ray so I've got a place to put it all! I am getting soooo close to completing the whole 1-504 set. I'm going box diving in Chicago to see if I can come up with the last few.

lol "With great collections, come great storage problems!!"

:news: A big time congrats to Cheetah for his Best in Bronze Age Set(And the Silver portion ain't too shabby either!!)!! One of the greatest runs in the history of comics + in all uber high grade. Love all the undercopies too!! (worship) (worship) :headbang:

:applause:

Didn't see this thread when you originally posted it; congrats! That's a phenomenal collection.