• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JRSR OA Acquired!

15 posts in this topic

Well, this was a collecting goal I wasn't sure I would see happen. Now I realize that some might not be into this style of OA as it is neither published nor is it as detailed as others. Still, it's a really nice entry level piece by one of the masters, so no complaints on my end! :grin:

And without further adieu....

JRSRSketchCover.jpg

What a perfect complement to your run!!! :applause:

That's a really nice Romita sketch. When I read the title I assumed it would be his tradmark face shot of 1/2 Spider-Man & 1/2 Parker.

Those who requested a headsketch got that from what I've seen so far. I initially asked for that, but then I thought it'd probably be even more cool to have a full body sketch of Spidey.

And if I was somehow able to get a second one done, I'd really consider getting it inked and adding little head sketches on it (a la ASM 100 cover art). Until that happens, however, I think I'm going to keep at least one reg. sketch.

That's a really nice Romita sketch. When I read the title I assumed it would be his tradmark face shot of 1/2 Spider-Man & 1/2 Parker.

It's really Ditko who developed the 1/2 and 1/2 Spidey/Parker.

True, but I simply took it to mean that this is a popular headsketch that John Sr. does (when he actually does sketches).

I realize that, but Romita has turned it into his signature sketch over the years. It's just nice to see something more detailed from Romita.

John Romita Sr., to my knowledge, is not doing conventions sketches or commissions. My experience is that if you make a honest contribution to for example the Hero Fund....or buy some books about him at the convention, you will have a chance to get a sketch.

At least this is my experience going to shows for many years now...

If someone else has different experiences...let me know :-)

John Romita Sr., to my knowledge, is not doing conventions sketches or commissions. My experience is that if you make a honest contribution to for example the Hero Fund....or buy some books about him at the convention, you will have a chance to get a sketch.

At least this is my experience going to shows for many years now...

If someone else has different experiences...let me know :-)

At the first NY Comic Con, I had to buy his book from Vanguard plus day $30 for a sketch.

Here's what he did for me.

JRsketch.jpg