• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THE Most Screwed Up Ebay Listing I've Found Yet

29 posts in this topic

These sort of listings really get my back up.

I've offered him a tenner, and quoting GPA prices have said I think my valuation of the book is about as ridiculous as his.

I was trying to help a guy sell a 9.8 of this book a few months ago on the board, which forced me to do some research on the book. They are supposedly limited due to being destroyed by DC, but come on now.

I think average sales in GPA were around $600 (+).

I was trying to help a guy sell a 9.8 of this book a few months ago on the board, which forced me to do some research on the book. They are supposedly limited due to being destroyed by DC, but come on now.

I think average sales in GPA were around $600 (+).

Yep, last sale was $600 in October '07, with an average for that year of $469 over two sales. So obviously the other copy only went for $340.

Let's hope he never tries to sell an ASB&R #10 recalled variant :eek:

I do like the idea of a Auction, where a seller lists his item and everyone gets 1 shot at making the offer, seller then can pick the highest bid or maybe the next highest bid with the better track record.

If only ebay would offer that choice of auction, I think it would be vastly popular

If he seriously 'does not know the value of the book' then he theoretically doesn't know what's so special about the book. But if you check his feedback there are many references to comics, cards and coins.

The fact that all of his sales are private rings another alarm bell with me, you can't see who he's ripped off and how much for.

So I don't believe for a minute that he 'doesn't know how much the book is worth', and if somebody was seriously fooked enough in the head to pull the trigger on that book genuinely not knowing what it was worth, then the way I see it is that he's a scumbag scam artist up there with the best of them.

the reason the price is so high is because i dont want to sell it duh.i want to know how much it is worth for insurance purposes.

and i never said it was the 1st batman did I?

i would say 6 copies graded at 9.8 in 10 years since it was realeased is quite rare.

so thanks for your opinion but no thanks

This was his response.... THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE!!!

Who really cares? This is no different than the many sellers on Comiclink and Pedigree who list their comics for pie in the sky BINs...some of them are active members of this Forum. I'm not sure why you're harassing this guy...just move along if you don't like the price...

Jim

the reason the price is so high is because i dont want to sell it duh.i want to know how much it is worth for insurance purposes.

and i never said it was the 1st batman did I?

i would say 6 copies graded at 9.8 in 10 years since it was realeased is quite rare.

so thanks for your opinion but no thanks

This was his response.... THIS GUY HAS NO CLUE!!!

Sorry, I didn't actually read through his description, but he listed an item just to find out its value?

Who really cares? This is no different than the many sellers on Comiclink and Pedigree who list their comics for pie in the sky BINs...some of them are active members of this Forum. I'm not sure why you're harassing this guy...just move along if you don't like the price...

Jim

I curmudgeonly agree.

Yup..that was his answer... he has is listed at 7,000 pounds...like $14,000 U.S. Just to figure out what it's worth.. He's using the offers submitted as a guide...

what a insufficiently_thoughtful_person

Jim

I curmudgeonly agree.

Seriously 7,000 pounds though????