• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGG book with color touch in a Blue World Grade holder.

8 posts in this topic

Don't get me wrong I never had any respect for CGG in the first place but didn't they say they didn't grade books that were restored? I guess if it's something easy to see like color touch they have no problem taking your money and putting it on the label. sign-rantpost.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2211963074&category=32735

Eric

1) It's an improvement, even if unannounced and maybe somewhat unplanned on CGG's part...

2) I wonder if resto is 'charted' on the 'cover matrix' that's used to show the location of defects/damage?

3) If the seller in this auction hadn't mentioned the color touch, I wouldn't have been able to read that notation on the blurry scan...and since CGG only has one color of holder....

This is on CGG web site

Starting the 1st of the year we will be grading & encapsulating books with restoration

http://www.comicgradinggroup.com/news.htm

"Starting the 1st of the year we will be grading & encapsulating books with restoration. As we believe restored books hold a important place in the comic book marketplace we will do our best to"

That is the whole sentence, as it stands, on the CGG web-site. Are there no lengths they will not go to in the name of meticulousness and quality control ? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do our best to...completely miss restoration on all key and semi-key issues ???

27_laughing.gif

"THOROUGH RESTORATION CHECK

A thorough restoration check is done on every book that goes through the CGGroup Certification process. At this time we do not certify and encapsulate books that are found to have restoration, except books with minor color touch. We will be certifying and encapsulating books with restoration in the near future."

So, since it only had color touch, they restored it. They simply don't have a different slab like CGC other than noting the restoration on the holder.