• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How's this for shilling?

14 posts in this topic

Carl Barks Library Vol. 5, ended April 5 for $400.

Old listing

Carl Barks Library Vol. 5, ending today, currently at $375. Same seller( 6 feedback), same top two bidders (0 feedback and 14 feedback respectively), same photos and listing.

New listing

And it's a damn shame because this is one of two I need to complete the set and I'd pay a reasonable price if it wasn't shilled up to line the seller's pockets with a few extra dollars.

Here was his bizarre reply to my Email telling him he might actually sell the books for a good price if he quit with the shills;

Hello:

Thank you for your email. We have multiple copies in different conditions of the Carl Barks Library series and we use the same photographs for our listings. My wife and I have been collecting Carl Barks for many years and during this time, we have collected and bought lots of Carl Barks Library items (comics, books, and lithographs). We decided to sell some of our collection on Ebay throughout the year.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Thank you,

--

Qkick Gifts

Here was his bizarre reply to my Email telling him he might actually sell the books for a good price if he quit with the shills;

Hello:

Thank you for your email. We have multiple copies in different conditions of the Carl Barks Library series and we use the same photographs for our listings. My wife and I have been collecting Carl Barks for many years and during this time, we have collected and bought lots of Carl Barks Library items (comics, books, and lithographs). We decided to sell some of our collection on Ebay throughout the year.

Thank you,

--

Qkick Gifts

So after that laughable reply, I sent him a message telling him that I see that he uses the same pics for the auctions. I said that I also see he uses the same shill bidders for the auctions too!

Well, he calmly replies that he can't understand why I am being so mean to him. He claims this guy (the one with 0 feedback) wants to combine shipping and that's why they havent given him feedback for the other sale yet.

Right..........

Hello:

Thank you,

--

Qkick Gifts

So after that laughable reply, I sent him a message telling him that I see that he uses the same pics for the auctions. I said that I also see he uses the same shill bidders for the auctions too!

Well, he calmly replies that he can't understand why I am being so mean to him. He claims this guy (the one with 0 feedback) wants to combine shipping and that's why they havent given him feedback for the other sale yet.

Right..........

Hasn't that guy bid on 16 of his auctions so far? Must be building up a heck of a box for shipping.

Seems our villain wins this one as his auction closed over $400 with a new bidder.