• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Venom' Movie Is Moving Forward

20 posts in this topic

http://www.bamkapow.com/-venom-movie-is-moving-forward-2904-p.html

'Venom' Movie Is Moving Forward

Excellent news today from Sci-Fi Wire, the writ— Sorry, I just mess my pants, you’ll understand in a second. — Ok. The writing team behind Zombieland, Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese are OFFICIALLY beginning to pen the Goddamned Venom spinoff!

"We had a really great relationship with Sony on [Zombieland], and so that was a nice in for us there," Reese told reporters. "It gave us a leg up." Yeah, yeah, blah, blah. What about major plot details? Will Eric from That 70’s Show ruin our :censored: again?

"We're under strict orders on Venom," Wernick said. "We can't talk about it. It's just super secret." Super secret. Should have seen that coming. Anyway, this movies looking good for those of you, and I think that’s everyone, that thought Raimi’s Venom was a :censored: .

The writing team is really focusing in on the fan interest. They told reporters that they are indeed afraid of fans trying to kill them if they blow this for us, err… blow this for them rather. "Absolutely. I'm terrified," Reese said of his potential castration at the hands of dissatisfied fanboys. "It's source material that everybody knows and everybody's familiar with and everybody loves. There's a burden on you to meet the expectations of people. A lot of people are curious about Venom."

So, expect to pack on another Marvel marvel (damn I’m good) in the next few years, just hope that these :censored: don’t drop the symbiote ball on this one or we may never get a chance to see an awesome villain star in his or her own, equally awesome film.

I'd be surprised if this ever made it to the theaters...

I can think of a dozen original Marvel characters to green light before going with a solo Spidey retread...

Jim

If it`s PG-13 it out grosses Watchmen and they will have at least 3 Venom movies, if it`s a violent turd like the new Punisher movie, it`s one and done.

Might as well go with a new Spidey film than go with this retread...unless there's nothing else to offer...

Jim

I can think of a dozen original Marvel characters to green light before going with a solo Spidey retread...

Jim

If it`s PG-13 it out grosses Watchmen and they will have at least 3 Venom movies, if it`s a violent turd like the new Punisher movie, it`s one and done.

Might as well go with a new Spidey film than go with this retread...unless there's nothing else to offer...

Jim

Venom if handled correctly could be a franchise like Halloween or Friday the 13th. If they can make dozens of movies about those two characters, I am sure Venom would be able to make Hollywood some money also.

Jim

Jim

Venom if handled correctly could be a franchise like Halloween or Friday the 13th. If they can make dozens of movies about those two characters, I am sure Venom would be able to make Hollywood some money also.

I doubt the Halloween and Friday the 13th crowd is exactly what Marvel is aiming for...unless they become desperate...

Jim

Jim

Jim

I doubt the Halloween and Friday the 13th crowd is exactly what Marvel is aiming for...unless they become desperate...

Jim

This is what I was thinking. Plus, without Spidey there, I think Venom is rather boring.

It will suck.

amen!

:P

It most likely will suck but will be more profitable then Watchmen. It won`t take 150 million to make, just some decent CGI and sell to the male videogame crowd. There will be no Oscar performance here. Just like Daredevil,the Fantastic Four movies.

Jim

Jim

Please outline 'handled correctly'? I'm having trouble seeing how this character could be interesting or sympathetic to a movie going general public.

Jim

Jim

Please outline 'handled correctly'? I'm having trouble seeing how this character could be interesting or sympathetic to a movie going general public.

He was molested by J Jonah Jameson as a child?

I LOVE Venom & Carnage was near obsessed as a kid with the comic cards(even the snes game pwned!!!)...but sadly I figured after the ultra-Emo spiderman 3 that most people will think Venom is a type of black eyeliner for sad teenagers. Fail.